More Millers Rumours | Vital Football

More Millers Rumours

Just read an excellent piece from PW on Football League World (which is probably from his Radio Sheffield interview?). He explains how he thought it best to handle the Smudge and Icki situation and I have to say I now think his approach which I disagreed with was right. He remains hopeful of keeping one or both. He comes across very well and is sympathetic to the predicament of both players.

Last edited:
HullLive and HullNews report Tom Eaves to sign for us today. I didn't fancy this but I may be proved dead wrong. Hope though it doesn't suggest PW to rely on long ball too much? That said we might well cause teams a lot of problems from dead ball situations.

Last edited:
04/07/22

Cross Preston's Tom Barkhuizen off the list - he has just moved to Derby County. He might have been the player that Warney was talking about earlier.
I was wondering who that might be - a good call, Mike. With my usual 2+2 = 5 approach would RUFC interest in a right winger perhaps imply a willingness to cash out on Ogbene this window? After the Smith and Icky situation there may be a fear that next Summer he'll also go on a free. Having said that though Tom Eaves did say he was looking forward to playing with him so I may be talking nonsense.

Last edited:
Not convinced that Ogbene could be cashed in for a vast amount. Decent player at L1 level, but rarely scores and is a bit injury prone. Didn't do anything much at Championship level before. I don't think any big bids will come in , so we may as well hang on to him for now.

Mike, I think we have to consider the international perspective. He is highly regarded in ROI and has put in a couple of MOM performances against good teams. Coaches and players may give him a positive mention and I know a couple have suggested RUFC don't get the best out of him. I don't think a bid of £3m plus is out of the question but we'll have to see.

Could be more news on incomings today. Apparently we are close on Ikpeazu and have supposedly signed a CB. I am scouring the web for news.
CB is rumoured to be Cameron Humphreys, age 22, 6'2" originally at Man City academy, now in Belgium, played at various youth levels for England. I got this from a normally reputable source on another Millers forum. Apparently Cardiff, Derby and Bournemouth were interested but he chose us. So it's regurgitated hearsay but what the heck!:khat:

If Ogbene gets off to a good start this season, my assessment could quickly change! I have heard rumours about Ikpeauzu too. He's not really a goalscorer though. Rumours about a new young centre-back are encouraging, if true.
Update - Warney has just said that a potential signing (defender) is now training with the Millers squad in Croatia.

Last edited:
Cross Will Grigg off the rumour list - he has gone to MK Dons on a free transfer. We don't really know his medical state... we do know Tom Eaves' though... now we have given him a 3-year contract .:rolleyes:

I suppose Conor Washington is quite similar in style to Will Grigg, so the logic is probably that we don't really need both.

Last edited:
Cross Will Grigg off the rumour list - he has gone to MK Dons on a free transfer. We don't really know his medical state... we do know Tom Eaves' though... now we have given him a 3-year contract .:rolleyes:

I suppose Conor Washington is quite similar in style to Will Grigg, so the logic is probably that we don't really need both.
Mike, it is absolutely bloody daft!!! Warne says several times Grigg was vital to the team. We let him go and give a 3 year deal to Eaves. I have said before that in some ways our club does not know what it is doing.

Would have been nice to have him to come off the bench though wouldn't it.

Eaves won't be starting the season - haven't seen a training start date for him either.
That's bad news. I can't find any info on the injury or the prognosis. Very annoying.

Another one I had hopes for has gone. Colby Bishop from Accrington, 25 yo striker, gone to Portsmouth. Pompey also got Joe Pigott from Ipswich, CF. Come on Millers, get a decent young forward with some resale potential for goodness sake.