More departures at Pride Park | Vital Football

More departures at Pride Park

Vicars. Chief Operating Officer is retiring but staying on as a Director who can help his replacement to bed in.

Last edited:
Lucas. Chief Operating Officer is retiring but staying on as a Director who can help his replacement to bed in.
Hmm, have to applaud his work over the ten years but not a guy I could easily take to. Tended to use people to further his own ends, then drop them like a stone when of no further use, but I guess there are a lot more people like that in life.
Can't understand why he is being kept on as a Director though, maybe Mel is running out of friends at the minute and needs someone to hang on to. :surrender:

They say to help bed in his replacement.

When a story starts off with a factually incorrect premise it undermines the rest of it. I give this story little to no credence.

No where in his leaving statement does he say he is staying in to help his replacement bed in Personally I wouldn't even believe the date in the Mail They've never said a good thing a good thing about our club

Quote from Bloomer's piece "Owner and Chairman Mel Morris has praised the work that Vicars has completed during his time with the club and has welcomed him staying on in his executive directors position on the Derby County board, where he hopes he can continue to add his experience to the next Chief operating officer. "

Also, wasn't the news about him retiring first broken some 6 weeks ago?

They say to help bed in his replacement.

When a story starts off with a factually incorrect premise it undermines the rest of it. I give this story little to no credence.
Why factually incorrect? he is leaving at the end of the month

No where in his leaving statement does he say he is staying in to help his replacement bed in Personally I wouldn't even believe the date in the Mail They've never said a good thing a good thing about our club
Mel Morris actually said he hoped he would stay on to help in matters around the club, which is why I suppose he is staying on as a Director in a non-executive position

Why factually incorrect? he is leaving at the end of the month

He isn't "leaving" as in going elsewhere. Leaving tends to indicate going elsewhere, another job. He is retiring and staying on in a non-executive director's role. His retirement was announced about 6 weeks ago so it's not exactly breaking news.

Latest Rams News