Morality test. | Vital Football

Morality test.

G

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/surveys/morals/

I scored 31.5 out of 44

"Your score puts you in the mature category of social reasoning and the majority of people will have scores in this range. Thinking here transcends the practicalities of one's preferences and exchanges to an emphasis upon social feeling, caring and conduct."

Fav question;

How important is it for a person to live even if they don't want to?

I put very important

Reason for which;

Life is a gift we should appreciate

Results

You scored 38 out of a total of 44.

Audience's Scores

1 % 1 % 32 % 66 %

0-11 12-22 23-33 34-44

My Results

Your score puts you in the highest category of social reasoning. You will see ethical and moral values as important to the needs of society and will appeal to basic rights or values. You might say "Honesty is a standard which everyone should accept" or "Life is sacred."

Conformity to ethical norms is important to you, in terms of a responsibility, obligation or commitment for all individuals, although you may be willing to consider exceptions in some particular circumstances. You are likely to suggest that with entitlement or privilege comes responsibility.

You will appeal to considerations of responsible character or integrity in others, preferring a consistent or standard practice of behaviour in order to avoid damage to social institutions such as the legal system.

However, you will want to see an adjusted case-by-case application of standards for the sake of fairness to all people. Lastly, you are very likely to appeal to standards of individual or personal conscience, as well as of honour, dignity or integrity.

I think the children question and the prison question let my score down...I dont think its important for children to help parents - we are not their bosses. And I think society in the long term needs to find other solutions than prisons. - dont agree with prisons being there to punish.

Green Tea - 4/2/2014 14:32

I think the children question and the prison question let my score down...I dont think its important for children to help parents - we are not their bosses. And I think society in the long term needs to find other solutions than prisons. - dont agree with prisons being there to punish.

I put the same as you for prisons, so I don't think that one lowered your score.

On the parents question, I said it was important as I would like them to feel I respected what they have done for me. No ulterior motive, just as a big thank you for the immense sacrifices they have made for me.

Clubpaver - 4/2/2014 14:36

Green Tea,
You don`t think it`s important to help your parents ?

:21:

Nope...I think it should be the other way around - its important for parents to help their children.

Some people have kids and then "use" them to do tasks that they are too lazy to do themselves. If the children want to help then all is good - but I dont think it should be a demand as in "very important" that children help adults..Its sounds like I would be having children to use them to my own needs...

I think its good to help fullstop.

no matter who it is.

if your parents have helped you through your life then you should help them if needed to show how grateful you are.

I think its good to help fullstop.

no matter who it is.

if your parents have helped you through your life then you should help them if needed to show how grateful you are.

May be i read it wrong.
I assumed it meant help them as they got older,not help them when you were a child.

May be i read it wrong.
I assumed it meant help them as they got older,not help them when you were a child.

May be i read it wrong.

I know this single mother that has 3 kids - think they are 15, 8 and a newborn baby. And the 15 year old has to get up in the middle of the night and tend to the newborn when it cries. - Just so the mother can stay in bed. The 15 yr old has had time of school "supposedly ill" as she has been up most the night looking after the baby. I want to involve the social services but because my wife is friends with this "disgraceful" mother she wont let me!

Green Tea - 4/2/2014 14:54

I know this single mother that has 3 kids - think they are 15, 8 and a newborn baby. And the 15 year old has to get up in the middle of the night and tend to the newborn when it cries. - Just so the mother can stay in bed. The 15 yr old has had time of school "supposedly ill" as she has been up most the night looking after the baby. I want to involve the social services but because my wife is friends with this "disgraceful" mother she wont let me!

You always think one example means that it is always bad. In general, kids that are prepared to help their parents are better for it.

The Fear - 4/2/2014 15:02

I think clubpaver might have read it wrong!!

Sorry about that.
I don`t know what happened there.
Well,i do.It wouldn`t submit,so i kept on clicking.
Impatient git that i am !

Clubpaver - 4/2/2014 15:05

The Fear - 4/2/2014 15:02

I think clubpaver might have read it wrong!!

Sorry about that.
I don`t know what happened there.
Well,i do.It wouldn`t submit,so i kept on clicking.
Impatient git that i am !

It's immoral behaviour, getting two extra posts to your count.

Results

You scored 38.5 out of a total of 44.

Audience's Scores

1 % 1 % 32 % 66 %

0-11 12-22 23-33 34-44
My Results

Your score puts you in the highest category of social reasoning. You will see ethical and moral values as important to the needs of society and will appeal to basic rights or values. You might say "Honesty is a standard which everyone should accept" or "Life is sacred."

Conformity to ethical norms is important to you, in terms of a responsibility, obligation or commitment for all individuals, although you may be willing to consider exceptions in some particular circumstances. You are likely to suggest that with entitlement or privilege comes responsibility.

You will appeal to considerations of responsible character or integrity in others, preferring a consistent or standard practice of behaviour in order to avoid damage to social institutions such as the legal system.

However, you will want to see an adjusted case-by-case application of standards for the sake of fairness to all people. Lastly, you are very likely to appeal to standards of individual or personal conscience, as well as of honour, dignity or integrity.