Morality test. | Page 4 | Vital Football

Morality test.

My Results

Your score puts you in the mature category of social reasoning and the majority of people will have scores in this range.

Yes!!! I'm normal.

Green Tea - 4/2/2014 17:30

The Fear - 4/2/2014 17:17

Spot on 4pope. I know I had this discussion a few times over the years with brain ops etc. machine to be turned off was my instructions, that was as far as you were allowed to go though. It would have taken someone close and who loved me, to 'murder' me if the worst case after op had happened.

That just can't be right. You have to walk in the shoes of those who have extreme health issues before you can truly form an opinion on this. Some live every second in torture and agony. We put animals down out of mercy but make humans suffer.

Yes but where is the moral standpoint on this topic?

Let them kill themselves?

or

Save them from doing so?

Allow them to be helped and their wishes fulfilled and for them to be released from their suffering would be where my morals would stand.

Making someone 'live' in torture, paralysis, pain etc isn't ..for me.. Moral.

But it is a very very big dilemma obviously.

Lol neilh111 ... Normal? Mature? Think it must have been your twin brother I've met !!!!

The Fear - 4/2/2014 20:54

Green Tea - 4/2/2014 17:30

The Fear - 4/2/2014 17:17

Spot on 4pope. I know I had this discussion a few times over the years with brain ops etc. machine to be turned off was my instructions, that was as far as you were allowed to go though. It would have taken someone close and who loved me, to 'murder' me if the worst case after op had happened.

That just can't be right. You have to walk in the shoes of those who have extreme health issues before you can truly form an opinion on this. Some live every second in torture and agony. We put animals down out of mercy but make humans suffer.

Yes but where is the moral standpoint on this topic?

Let them kill themselves?

or

Save them from doing so?

Allow them to be helped and their wishes fulfilled and for them to be released from their suffering would be where my morals would stand.

Making someone 'live' in torture, paralysis, pain etc isn't ..for me.. Moral.

But it is a very very big dilemma obviously.

Massive dilemma because where do you draw the line? Do we offer the same "blind eye" when it comes to suffers of mental issues, voices in head, demonic thoughts etc that they have to endure every second of the day? Or are we just saying is moral to physical(what the eye can see) pain only? And even with the physical pain, how much of the said illness has effected their mental state to make the decision?

Its also naturally within us morally (surely?) to help someone who may be trying to commit suicide? Would you be able to (morally) stand aside and watch/allow such a thing to happen? Or would you have to leave the room? How much restraint would you have on yourself to just "not do anything"(again morally?)..

Massive question, massive dilemma - I just answered honestly that I couldnt allow such a thing like suicide to happen(its the way im built). However if was a case of deciding to switch off a life support machine - maybe that would be an easier decision? But to sit by and just allow someone to take their own life themselves - what an awful situation that would be.

Is there no-one on here who isn't in "the highest category of social reasoning"?

You scored 39 out of a total of 44.

Audience's Scores

My Results
Your score puts you in the highest category of social reasoning. You will see ethical and moral values as important to the needs of society and will appeal to basic rights or values. You might say "Honesty is a standard which everyone should accept" or "Life is sacred."

That is strange considering I put not important for telling the truth. Everyone lies, I think lying is important for social relationships to keep things on an even keel. Imagine if no one could lie - it would be a horrible old world, full of truly boring stories and people.

I scored 36..

I thought some of it was a bit silly.. for example one of the questions was "would you save your friends life?", well obviously I would - you'd be a bit messed up to let a friend to die when you can save them...

Green Tea - 4/2/2014 14:32

And I think society in the long term needs to find other solutions than prisons. - dont agree with prisons being there to punish.

Iv never been a man for capital punishment to be quite honest we're not gona fix paedophiles for example...
Why do we tolerate people who take advantage of the most vulnerable in our society...

We also need to stop sending people to jail for stupid shit and any dummy who committed fraud or rigged the banks should be doing silly payback to society... Im not saying profit off the suffering prisons but they should be made contribute directly to society or a community... Back breaking labour, just like they financially broke the backs of many families...

Louis Theroux did an excellent documentary on prisons in the states. Interviewed many inmates about their life of crime and the whys etc - he always tends to ask the right questions in the right way.

After watching you cant help but think that system isnt quite right - there must be another way.

And when you think of some the prisons world wide and the conditions we keep some humans in, it kinda brings it home how cruel we can be on the other side of the fence(the supposedly good law abiding citizens side). Why would you feed inmates food with live grubs in? Or give them water that is dirty and full of bacteria? = Is that morally right?

Yes, I like the Louis Theroux stuff, as you say, he has the habit of asking the right questions!