Morality test. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Morality test.

You scored 38.5 out of a total of 44.
Audience's Scores
1 % 1 % 32 % 66 %

0-11 12-22 23-33 34-44
My Results

Your score puts you in the highest category of social reasoning. You will see ethical and moral values as important to the needs of society and will appeal to basic rights or values. You might say "Honesty is a standard which everyone should accept" or "Life is sacred."

Conformity to ethical norms is important to you, in terms of a responsibility, obligation or commitment for all individuals, although you may be willing to consider exceptions in some particular circumstances. You are likely to suggest that with entitlement or privilege comes responsibility.

You will appeal to considerations of responsible character or integrity in others, preferring a consistent or standard practice of behaviour in order to avoid damage to social institutions such as the legal system.

However, you will want to see an adjusted case-by-case application of standards for the sake of fairness to all people. Lastly, you are very likely to appeal to standards of individual or personal conscience, as well as of honour, dignity or integrity.

The Fear - 4/2/2014 16:12

And all without any religion, amazing how well I've turned out!!

Bugger, I couldn't even beat an immoral, ungodly swine like you - along comes Pete with a perfect 44. lol

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 4/2/2014 15:57

Green Tea - 4/2/2014 14:54

I know this single mother that has 3 kids - think they are 15, 8 and a newborn baby. And the 15 year old has to get up in the middle of the night and tend to the newborn when it cries. - Just so the mother can stay in bed. The 15 yr old has had time of school "supposedly ill" as she has been up most the night looking after the baby. I want to involve the social services but because my wife is friends with this "disgraceful" mother she wont let me!

You always think one example means that it is always bad. In general, kids that are prepared to help their parents are better for it.

Absolutely but this applies to everyone, not just kids. I want to show my parents love and appreciation so I help them whenever I can. Similarly my kids help us around the house all the time, as we do them. It's called having a healthy relationship involving love and affection.

As for GT's example - we all know some chavs but that does not mean that everyone who gets help from their kids should be tarred with the same brush, a quite ridiculous argument!

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 4/2/2014 16:06

Clubpaver - 4/2/2014 15:05

The Fear - 4/2/2014 15:02

I think clubpaver might have read it wrong!!

Sorry about that.
I don`t know what happened there.
Well,i do.It wouldn`t submit,so i kept on clicking.
Impatient git that i am !

It's immoral behaviour, getting two extra posts to your count.
Shall I delete them, being, in effect, judge, jury and executioner?

Villan Of The North - 4/2/2014 15:23

Sorry about that.

Only you can make that moral judgement, Ian. I'm in your shadow on this, so not qualified to say!!!

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 4/2/2014 16:25

Villan Of The North - 4/2/2014 15:23

Sorry about that.

Only you can make that moral judgement, Ian. I'm in your shadow on this, so not qualified to say!!!

Oooo, the irony, a practicing Christian being tempted to "play God". If I do it will you worship me Bob?

Ha ha ha! I knew I'd wear you down eventually Bob. Now about that harem you are supposed to be arranging for me......

Villan Of The North - 4/2/2014 15:34

Ha ha ha! I knew I'd wear you down eventually Bob. Now about that harem you are supposed to be arranging for me......

Fear keeps stealing them for himself. He stalked the last one all the way to Sainsbury's this morning. How can I worship my God properly when fear is stopping me?

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 4/2/2014 16:36

Villan Of The North - 4/2/2014 15:34

Fear keeps stealing them for himself. He stalked the last one all the way to Sainsbury's this morning. How can I worship my God properly when fear is stopping me?

That really doesn't say much for my morality then, when I only get the same score as Fear who "keeps stealing them" lol

Results

You scored 42 out of a total of 44.

Audience's Scores

1 % 1 % 32 % 66 %

0-11 12-22 23-33 34-44
My Results

Your score puts you in the highest category of social reasoning. You will see ethical and moral values as important to the needs of society and will appeal to basic rights or values. You might say "Honesty is a standard which everyone should accept" or "Life is sacred."

Conformity to ethical norms is important to you, in terms of a responsibility, obligation or commitment for all individuals, although you may be willing to consider exceptions in some particular circumstances. You are likely to suggest that with entitlement or privilege comes responsibility.

You will appeal to considerations of responsible character or integrity in others, preferring a consistent or standard practice of behaviour in order to avoid damage to social institutions such as the legal system.

However, you will want to see an adjusted case-by-case application of standards for the sake of fairness to all people. Lastly, you are very likely to appeal to standards of individual or personal conscience, as well as of honour, dignity or integrity.

Guess I'm just one of those enlightened people.

Villan Of The North - 4/2/2014 15:18

The Fear - 4/2/2014 16:12

And all without any religion, amazing how well I've turned out!!

Bugger, I couldn't even beat an immoral, ungodly swine like you - along comes Pete with a perfect 44. lol

:17: :17:

Nice McGrath. I suggest the ultimate winner here gets to decide all Moral judgements in any thread on Vital Villa. You are currently in poll position.

The one thing I did struggle with is this assumption that life is sacred is the moral view. When you look at the bigger picture, Nature works on the fact that everything dies. In fact, it needs it to do so, or we wouldn't have evolved.

Is life more sacred than the health of the planet for all species? Do we have that right, to overpopulate and strip Earth of it's resources like we do?

I would suggest that allowing some to die if Nature dictates is more right than wrong.

Green Tea - 4/2/2014 14:32

How important is it for a person to live even if they don't want to?

I put very important

Reason for which;

Life is a gift we should appreciate"

I think the children question and the prison question let my score down...I dont think its important for children to help parents - we are not their bosses. And I think society in the long term needs to find other solutions than prisons. - dont agree with prisons being there to punish.

I actually reckon, ironically, that your answer to your favourite question
is what lowered your score - I scored 42 and answered 'not important' to that one because 'In severe circumstances people have the right to chose to die with dignity'. I don't think I can think of too much less moral than forcibly keeping someone alive who does not feel they have dignity and to tell them to "appreciate their life" would be a terrible thing to say.

I agree McGrath, this is why it was my fav question as it posed the most thought. But I decided in thinking the struggle some life forms go through to breed, or to just stay alive. Life really is precious even if "you think" you have had enough.