Moore | Vital Football

Moore

We have a habit of reducing decent forwards to looking poor due to lack of service. I have absolutely no knowledge that this lad is any good because of a total lack of evidence in his displays so far.

Unless the sitter he missed wasn't on the highlights, i don't think the one chance it showed he had was an easy one - the cross was looping and he was quite far out and he seemed to have to readjust his body a little to get onto it - i think to generate enough power to beat the keeper from there would've been difficult for any striker. I don't think that is one of those he'll beat himself up over - certainly not a sitter for me.

I’ll be honest, I haven’t been that impressed with him so far. I don’t think we've played to his strengths and got players around him enough. Plus he’s not had many good crosses being played in. The times when he has had opportunities though he hasn’t looked very convincing and I’d like to see him getting hold of the ball better.

I haven’t seen him getting into good areas and he’s been too far away from goal. Against Barnsley, Garner came on for him he instantly linked up with someone, something Moore didn’t do. I hope I’m wrong but he doesn’t look like he’s going to score us 10-15 goals which is what we really need. I’m not skating the lad but for me the jury’s still out.

I’ll be honest, I haven’t been that impressed with him so far. I don’t think we've played to his strengths and got players around him enough. Plus he’s not had many good crosses being played in. The times when he has had opportunities though he hasn’t looked very convincing and I’d like to see him getting hold of the ball better.

I haven’t seen him getting into good areas and he’s been too far away from goal. Against Barnsley, Garner came on for him he instantly linked up with someone, something Moore didn’t do. I hope I’m wrong but he doesn’t look like he’s going to score us 10-15 goals which is what we really need. I’m not skating the lad but for me the jury’s still out.

I've been impressed with the amount of headers he's won - but other than that I agree the jury is out as he's had no support or service. No striker could do much with the way we are playing though.

The heading ability and work rate gives me hope that he has something to offer at this level but the whole team have to give him more to work with.

Windass will be the man to play alongside him when fit and, I have no doubt that this will make a difference, but the rest of the team will also have to play their part and give service to the two of them instead of knocking high hopeful balls forward. We need to get our wide players taking on the full backs and getting to the line to pull the ball back giving Moore chance to use his heading ability in front of goal instead of half way up the pitch.

I know many wont agree but I'd love see a 4-4-2 Garner and Moore up top!
The "Powell role" is wasted so far bar the Cardiff game... Go 442. Let Lowe and massey work the wings. Early crosses too. Garner wins a ton of free kicks. Would be a great foil for Moore. If we do win the free kicks then mulgrew can deliver the garner Moore dunkley can do some damage

The "Powell role" is wasted so far bar the Cardiff game... Go 442. Let Lowe and massey work the wings. Early crosses too. Garner wins a ton of free kicks. Would be a great foil for Moore. If we do win the free kicks then mulgrew can deliver the garner Moore dunkley can do some damage

Personally I would like to see Pilkington play in place of Massey. I think, having seen Massey play this season, he has taken a step back in his development. The only game we have really shone this season was when Pilkington was fit and playing and we had genuine width on the pitch. In Pilkington we have an experienced player who, on his day is capable of producing the incisive pass or cross we need and is also able to get to the bye line.

Massey is a more direct player who likes to drift inside to a more central position, if we play Moore and Garner/ Windass as strike partnership we need our wide men to stay tight to the whitewash, otherwise we crowd the centre and lose the service from the wings. The wing men should also be coming in on the far post when we attack to pick up the over hit balls that so often happen and playing them back across the six yard box.

Personally I would like to see Pilkington play in place of Massey. I think, having seen Massey play this season, he has taken a step back in his development. The only game we have really shone this season was when Pilkington was fit and playing and we had genuine width on the pitch. In Pilkington we have an experienced player who, on his day is capable of producing the incisive pass or cross we need and is also able to get to the bye line.

Massey is a more direct player who likes to drift inside to a more central position, if we play Moore and Garner/ Windass as strike partnership we need our wide men to stay tight to the whitewash, otherwise we crowd the centre and lose the service from the wings. The wing men should also be coming in on the far post when we attack to pick up the over hit balls that so often happen and playing them back across the six yard box.

For the Hull game id probably say to stick with Massey as the starter, if only because Pilks is just coming back from injury. He's probably our best winger, but he's made of glass so i'd rather not rush him back now and risk him missing longer chunks later in the season. But once he's up to fitness, definitely get him starting and building a decent partnership with Moore

I'd start Naismith on the left - i think he improved massively as last season went on and has been one of the better performers on his few apperances this season. He's a natural left winger and the best crosser we have by a mile - if we had anyone who could head a ball he'd have had plenty of assists and Moore has been starved of any good crosses.

When you consider Massey has been awful this season, Lowe looked less effective on the left, Bright has been poor when confined to the wing rather than given the freedom of the no.10 role and Jacobs has about 6 bad games for every good one - I think give Kal a chance at Hull.

It doesn’t really matter who starts if we’re just going to lump it forward at every opportunity rather than play football. Our wide players need the ball at their feet further up the pitch so that they can put some decent crosses in and create something. Cook needs to change the whole approach rather than keep changing the starting XI and hoping for the best.

Windass will be the man to play alongside him when fit and, I have no doubt that this will make a difference, but the rest of the team will also have to play their part and give service to the two of them instead of knocking high hopeful balls forward. We need to get our wide players taking on the full backs and getting to the line to pull the ball back giving Moore chance to use his heading ability in front of goal instead of half way up the pitch.
Why not Lowe or Massey Morsy or Evans Windass, Naismith or Jacobs
Moore and Garner.

I do genuinely think a switch to 442 could save his job. Forget the system we only by pass it anyway. Under cook we are an awful long ball side. Best he can hope for is we become an effective long ball side. To do this it probably means two strikers, sod the attacking mid all we do is punt over his head aimlessly. Dunkleys the biggest culprit of that

Entralling stuff for us fans ahead. We need fresh ideas were really going nowhere here. Well we are going somewhere and that's down at an alarming nosedive

Sorry Jeff, perhaps I'm being thick, but I fail to understand your post.

In my post I am advocating the use of Windass as a partner to Moore as I believe he has the necessary skills and touch to play off the big man. His movement takes him beyond defenders to make use of the knock downs and create opportunities. If we can get him and Moore singing off the same hymn sheet then we might have a chance to score some goals.

However this is dependant on the rest of the team doing their bit as well in providing the ammunition. We need the likes of Pilkington, Lowe, Massey and Jacobs to be getting around the full backs and crossing the ball into the box, not cutting in at every opportunity and closing the space down. They need to stay wide to give Moore and Windass room to work. Just pumping the ball forward from midfield to Moore means he has his back to goal, and although he may win the ball he then needs the likes of Windass to play off him and take the ball on. I am not saying this tactic doesn't work, but more that it shouldn't be used as our only tactic.

I would also like to see Evans used in a more advanced role as I think he is more effective there, and provides the link necessary between the defensive mids and the forwards. I think he is wasted as a defensive midfield player.

I am not saying that my opinions are right or that the players I have mentioned are the only ones in the squad that could play those roles, I am merely putting forward the views that I feel might benefit the team.

I do genuinely think a switch to 442 could save his job. Forget the system we only by pass it anyway. Under cook we are an awful long ball side. Best he can hope for is we become an effective long ball side. To do this it probably means two strikers, sod the attacking mid all we do is punt over his head aimlessly. Dunkleys the biggest culprit of that

Entralling stuff for us fans ahead. We need fresh ideas were really going nowhere here. Well we are going somewhere and that's down at an alarming nosedive
If 442 could save his job let's hope he sticks to 6 at the back ??