Monson Park a serious contender? | Vital Football

Monson Park a serious contender?

89spartans_12/03/77

Vital Squad Member
The Echo have painted a dark view of future plans to move City from sincil bank to the wetland nature reserve in swan pool. In fact taking a look at this Echo report things are looking grim for a lot of Lincoln and Lincolnshire as a whole.
I’ve chucked in Monsons Park as one potential venue as a new stadium that isn’t built in a Kevin Costner waterworld.
As someone who has studied the maps shown. I’m really looking forward to having a beach front location in our village.But hey ho I’m worried about refugees from the city moving here.

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/local-news/worrying-predicted-map-shows-huge-4179417

It's not terribly precise, is it?

"Over the course of the twenty-first century, global sea levels are projected to rise between about 2 and 7 feet, and possibly more. "

The Echo have painted a dark view of future plans to move City from sincil bank to the wetland nature reserve in swan pool. In fact taking a look at this Echo report things are looking grim for a lot of Lincoln and Lincolnshire as a whole.
I’ve chucked in Monsons Park as one potential venue as a new stadium that isn’t built in a Kevin Costner waterworld.
As someone who has studied the maps shown. I’m really looking forward to having a beach front location in our village.But hey ho I’m worried about refugees from the city moving here.

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/local-news/worrying-predicted-map-shows-huge-4179417

When I saw this I laughed!

It seems to me that all this report has done is taken the EA Flood Map for Planning purposes and say oh this is all going to be flooded in 30 years. All that area is in within Flood Zone 2 or 3 and is open to public scrutiny it's hardly something that isn't known. It takes no account of coastal defences or indeed any mitigating measures. By that reckoning the sea front will be lapping at the back gardens the other side of the road from my house!

It's just typical lazy journalism imo!

Have a look at this and tell me if the areas don't match up exactly?.

https://flood-map-for-planning.serv...96500&northing=369578&placeOrPostcode=lincoln

If you apply this same logic to large parts of Holland they would be under several metres of sea water by now. It can all be defended but it will just cost a lot that's all!

When I saw this I laughed!

It seems to me that all this report has done is taken the EA Flood Map for Planning purposes and say oh this is all going to be flooded in 30 years. All that area is in within Flood Zone 2 or 3 and is open to public scrutiny it's hardly something that isn't known. It takes no account of coastal defences or indeed any mitigating measures. By that reckoning the sea front will be lapping at the back gardens the other side of the road from my house!

It's just typical lazy journalism imo!

Have a look at this and tell me if the areas don't match up exactly?.

https://flood-map-for-planning.serv...96500&northing=369578&placeOrPostcode=lincoln

If you apply this same logic to large parts of Holland they would be under several metres of sea water by now. It can all be defended but it will just cost a lot that's all!
I did my dissertation on ‘coastal erosion on the north Norfolk coast’ which gives me an insight on this.
A function analysis of the Lincolnshire coast wouldn’t throw up very much that would be worth the government bunging 100s of billions at.
I can see Lincoln being saved because of its historical importance and infrastructure. But past the risehilme road roundabout. I’m afraid it’s viewed as one cart lanes only.

I did my dissertation on ‘coastal erosion on the north Norfolk coast’ which gives me an insight on this.
A function analysis of the Lincolnshire coast wouldn’t throw up very much that would be worth the government bunging 100s of billions at.
I can see Lincoln being saved because of its historical importance and infrastructure. But past the risehilme road roundabout. I’m afraid it’s viewed as one cart lanes only.

I worked with the EA for some time a few years ago and the government and the EA have a budget model for coastal defence. While in some respects you are correct there is one thing you are failing to take into account and that's the fact that Lincolnshire farm land is some of the most productive in the world.

Going forward food supply is seen as one of the key factors in national security and Lincolnshire is seen as key component of our national food supply. Whilst we cannot be self sustaining as a country in years to come agriculture will have to become more intense to feed the booming world population. I agree that some areas will be given up to the sea but not as much as you think.

I worked with the EA for some time a few years ago and the government and the EA have a budget model for coastal defence. While in some respects you are correct there is one thing you are failing to take into account and that's the fact that Lincolnshire farm land is some of the most productive in the world.

Going forward food supply is seen as one of the key factors in national security and Lincolnshire is seen as key component of our national food supply. Whilst we cannot be self sustaining as a country in years to come agriculture will have to become more intense to feed the booming world population. I agree that some areas will be given up to the sea but not as much as you think.
That’s a good argument about the need for agriculture. But have you had a spin along the lincs coastline?
Dotted at sea and increasing more on land by the new energy fields.
I’ve a sneaky feeling that energy security, wind farms, will work for the government. At lesser cost at sea. Without a need to pay for sea defences. Remember there’s no compensation.
I was with the MAFF mid 90s for a while. So have some knowledge of the mindsets of these people deciding policy.
Saving London is the financial priority.

That’s a good argument about the need for agriculture. But have you had a spin along the lincs coastline?
Dotted at sea and increasing more on land by the new energy fields.
I’ve a sneaky feeling that energy security, wind farms, will work for the government. At lesser cost at sea. Without a need to pay for sea defences. Remember there’s no compensation.
I was with the MAFF mid 90s for a while. So have some knowledge of the mindsets of these people deciding policy.
Saving London is the financial priority.
Of course, we all know, London is more important that the rest of the UK in all facets of life!