Money, the squad. My thoughts. | Vital Football

Money, the squad. My thoughts.

MadAmster

Vital Squad Member
It all seems a bit strange on the money front. With the exception of Weimann, nobody has gone yet but we have Mount, Wilson, Marriott and, it seems, Evans on their way in.

Vyds on a rumoured 50K a week, Martin said to be on 30K and we don't seem able to shift either. Not a wonder really, Vyds is recovering from the "procedure" carried out on his groin. Martin has had "abdominal trouble" for a while which now, reports would have us believe, is colitis. Hopefully all players have insurance cover to cover their wages when injured so neither will be costing the club anything at the moment.

GR was told "no money for incoming transfers" so he upped and left for Stoke. I have offered the idea before that this was a master stroke by MM to avoid paying him any compensation.......

Even after FL arrived, we were told that the wage bill had to be reduced. Since then it has only grown.

IMO it is vital that we ship out half a dozen, either sold, paid off or loaned out, to ease the wage bill pressure.

Who though? The young lads? Might be the easy decision but they won't be on the big money.

Blackman? Butterfield? One of Hudds/Ledders/BJ as we seem to have a 23 year old coming in who is a CD/DM? Of the rest, Anya and Olsson are still injured. Fozzy is needed as cover for Lowe unless we consider Max Bird as his cover but Max is more of a midfielder........ The rest are either first choice XVIII or genuine cover.

My view of the current situation

Carson - 1st choice
Roos - 2nd/3rd keeper and 3 is the magic number for keepers
Mitchell - 2nd/3rd keeper and 3 is the magic number for keepers
Forsyth - Cover for Lowe or out on loan
Keogh - 1st choice CD
Wisdom - 1st choice RB
Pearce - CH cover
Lowe - 1st choice LB
Olsson - injured
Davies - CH and skipper
Bryson - 1st choice MF
Anya - injured
Johnson - 3rd choice DM (4th with Evans impnding arrival?)
Butterfield - has to go
Hanson - time to go, utility player who will get little or no game time.
Thorne - last chance saloon. get properly fit or it's time to go.
Ledley - toss up between him and Hudds
Huddlestone - toss up between him and Ledley
Thomas - Huge shame as he had a great pre season. Best for him, and DCFC, might well be a loan to another SBC club
Martin - colitis, apparently, won't get game time even fit as he doesn't fit the system and clubs won't want him because of the colitis
Lawrence - 1st choice
Bennett - bench
Blackman - time to go
Vydra - injured
Nugent - Looking good pre season, Good for 60 minutes then bring Marriott on and ease him in prior to taking over
Jerome - loan/sale as he wont make the XVIII
Wilson - 1st choice
Bogle - Cover for wisdom and possibly for Bryson
Mount - 1st choice
Marriott - Super sub to start with before swapping with Nuge
Evans - Young DM/CH cover who will make it possible for Hanson/BJ/Ledley/Hudds (2 of the 4, probably Hanson plus 1) to be sold/loaned out
Bird - Cover for Lowe and MF
Jozefzoon - bench/cover

1st XI

Carson
Wisdom Keogh Davies (C) Lowe
Bryson Ledley/Hudds Mount
Wilson Nuge/Marriott Lawrence

2nd string (bench and cover)

Roos/Mitchell
Bogle Evans Pearce Fozzy/Bird
Jozefzoon Ledley/Hudds Johnson
Thomas Nugent/Marriott Bennett

That's 24 players I have named. We have another 10 that I haven't who are either injured or will be waiting on others getting injured/suspended to get a chance. A couple of them don't fit the new system.

Lampard has a huge job on his hands keeping the 16 not first XVIII choices happy. I do not envy him.

It all seems a bit strange on the money front. With the exception of Weimann, nobody has gone yet but we have Mount, Wilson, Marriott and, it seems, Evans on their way in.

Vyds on a rumoured 50K a week, Martin said to be on 30K and we don't seem able to shift either. Not a wonder really, Vyds is recovering from the "procedure" carried out on his groin. Martin has had "abdominal trouble" for a while which now, reports would have us believe, is colitis. Hopefully all players have insurance cover to cover their wages when injured so neither will be costing the club anything at the moment.

GR was told "no money for incoming transfers" so he upped and left for Stoke. I have offered the idea before that this was a master stroke by MM to avoid paying him any compensation.......

Even after FL arrived, we were told that the wage bill had to be reduced. Since then it has only grown.

IMO it is vital that we ship out half a dozen, either sold, paid off or loaned out, to ease the wage bill pressure.

Who though? The young lads? Might be the easy decision but they won't be on the big money.

Blackman? Butterfield? One of Hudds/Ledders/BJ as we seem to have a 23 year old coming in who is a CD/DM? Of the rest, Anya and Olsson are still injured. Fozzy is needed as cover for Lowe unless we consider Max Bird as his cover but Max is more of a midfielder........ The rest are either first choice XVIII or genuine cover.

My view of the current situation

Carson - 1st choice
Roos - 2nd/3rd keeper and 3 is the magic number for keepers
Mitchell - 2nd/3rd keeper and 3 is the magic number for keepers
Forsyth - Cover for Lowe or out on loan
Keogh - 1st choice CD
Wisdom - 1st choice RB
Pearce - CH cover
Lowe - 1st choice LB
Olsson - injured
Davies - CH and skipper
Bryson - 1st choice MF
Anya - injured
Johnson - 3rd choice DM (4th with Evans impnding arrival?)
Butterfield - has to go
Hanson - time to go, utility player who will get little or no game time.
Thorne - last chance saloon. get properly fit or it's time to go.
Ledley - toss up between him and Hudds
Huddlestone - toss up between him and Ledley
Thomas - Huge shame as he had a great pre season. Best for him, and DCFC, might well be a loan to another SBC club
Martin - colitis, apparently, won't get game time even fit as he doesn't fit the system and clubs won't want him because of the colitis
Lawrence - 1st choice
Bennett - bench
Blackman - time to go
Vydra - injured
Nugent - Looking good pre season, Good for 60 minutes then bring Marriott on and ease him in prior to taking over
Jerome - loan/sale as he wont make the XVIII
Wilson - 1st choice
Bogle - Cover for wisdom and possibly for Bryson
Mount - 1st choice
Marriott - Super sub to start with before swapping with Nuge
Evans - Young DM/CH cover who will make it possible for Hanson/BJ/Ledley/Hudds (2 of the 4, probably Hanson plus 1) to be sold/loaned out
Bird - Cover for Lowe and MF
Jozefzoon - bench/cover

1st XI

Carson
Wisdom Keogh Davies (C) Lowe
Bryson Ledley/Hudds Mount
Wilson Nuge/Marriott Lawrence

2nd string (bench and cover)

Roos/Mitchell
Bogle Evans Pearce Fozzy/Bird
Jozefzoon Ledley/Hudds Johnson
Thomas Nugent/Marriott Bennett

That's 24 players I have named. We have another 10 that I haven't who are either injured or will be waiting on others getting injured/suspended to get a chance. A couple of them don't fit the new system.

Lampard has a huge job on his hands keeping the 16 not first XVIII choices happy. I do not envy him.

Weimann, Bent, Baird, Shackell and near enough £90K off the wage bill, but your right at lest another 5 or 6 need to go.

I am hearing that Vydra's deal with Leeds is back on - £10 million plus add ons and ought to be confirmed tomorrow (Sat).

Bent, Baird and Shacks went before FL arrived. I appear not to have made it clear enough that I was thinking post FLs arrival. Still a week of the transfer window to go and nearly a month of the loan window. Who will go though?

Blackman and Butterfield should but who would take them?
Martin and Thorne arent match ready so will be difficult to find homes for.
Certain we can find a home for Hanson.
BJ?

Bent, Baird and Shacks went before FL arrived. I appear not to have made it clear enough that I was thinking post FLs arrival. Still a week of the transfer window to go and nearly a month of the loan window. Who will go though?

Blackman and Butterfield should but who would take them?
Martin and Thorne arent match ready so will be difficult to find homes for.
Certain we can find a home for Hanson.
BJ?

They are still off the wage bill though, so irrelevant as to when they went. But more still need to go if only for a cohesive squad.

They were gone at the end of last season. Their names were on the not retaned list shortly after the last game. Many others went the season before and they are as irrelevant to my point as Bent etc.

AFTER Lampard came in, both he and MM said in interviews that the wage bill still needed trimming. SINCE THEN only Weimann has gone and 5 have come in.

As I wrote in my 2nd post, I appear not to have made it clear enough that I was thinking post FLs arrival. Mea Culpa.

With regard to more needing to go, I concur.

They were gone at the end of last season. Their names were on the not retaned list shortly after the last game. Many others went the season before and they are as irrelevant to my point as Bent etc.

AFTER Lampard came in, both he and MM said in interviews that the wage bill still needed trimming. SINCE THEN only Weimann has gone and 5 have come in.

As I wrote in my 2nd post, I appear not to have made it clear enough that I was thinking post FLs arrival. Mea Culpa.

With regard to more needing to go, I concur.

The point I was making was that compared to last season, we have got around £90K off the wage bill before the signings were made.

Can recall what Mel said when Lampard was appointed, but pretty sure Mels statement about FFP was made prior to his appointment, but could be wrong.

The point I was making was that compared to last season, we have got around £90K off the wage bill before the signings were made.

Can recall what Mel said when Lampard was appointed, but pretty sure Mels statement about FFP was made prior to his appointment but could be wrong.
I can also remember hearing that we had a substantial transfer kitty, maybe Mel was banking on the £10m or so but surely someone wants the Championship top scorer of last season, Grabbon who finished in runners-up position didn't seem to find any problems when moving to the Mob at the other end of the A52.

I can also remember hearing that we had a substantial transfer kitty, maybe Mel was banking on the £10m or so but surely someone wants the Championship top scorer of last season, Grabbon who finished in runners-up position didn't seem to find any problems when moving to the Mob at the other end of the A52.

Well it seems we have got Waghorn and a defender Timori on loan from Chelsea.

Latest Rams News