MoN OUT | Page 24 | Vital Football

MoN OUT

The best teams play the same way whether they are at home or away.Do Norwich,Leeds or Sheffield Utd change their style of play when they are away? Hence I want to see us play a style that suits us and then not give a sh*te that we are playing away the next week because it shouldn't make any difference.The best teams are the best teams.We need to get consistent by playing a consistent style of play.
You should have posted that from your Mappred account.

Oh shit.

The key to yesterdays win was three at the back. IT played to our strengths. Not only did they nullify Boro's front players (BA, Hugill and Fletcher are not bad strikers) but it released the extra player to outnumber Boro in midfield. BO and Cash, joining Pele and Yates in midfield meant they by passed Howson and Clayton.

This meant Forest could keep three players high up requiring Boro to keep four back. As Forest first nullified, then dominated and finally tore Boro apart it was noticeable the roles that Joao and Joe had of running between their back four and midfield left them chasing shadows.

BO and Cash are comfortable receiving the ball with play infant of them. Cash only had one episode all game of having the ball with a defender on his back resulting in "bambi" playing. I loved the little triangles being played pro to a run and ball played in to space.

Can that team play away from home? I think it can and it can play in that style.

Yesterday was by far our best performance under O'Niell, probably in the top 2/3 performances over the season. The 3 at the back worked well & having Ben and Cash as wingbacks really pushed Boro back.

Carvalho & Lolley both had free roles which enhanced their creativity and really it was a travesty we didn't win by a larger margin.

Questions need to be asked as to why this worked so well. Has MoN's tinkering over time found the perfect system to suit these players? Will he continue with it? Will Carvalho remain in the 1st team? Are our players so brittle that they've only been able to perform once the pressure is off?

Yesterday was by far our best performance under O'Niell, probably in the top 2/3 performances over the season. The 3 at the back worked well & having Ben and Cash as wingbacks really pushed Boro back.

Carvalho & Lolley both had free roles which enhanced their creativity and really it was a travesty we didn't win by a larger margin.

Questions need to be asked as to why this worked so well. Has MoN's tinkering over time found the perfect system to suit these players? Will he continue with it? Will Carvalho remain in the 1st team? Are our players so brittle that they've only been able to perform once the pressure is off?

I would go further Galaxy42. I would say that was our best performance for 2/3 seasons. Defence never looked under pressure. Pants a bystander. Midfield controlled the game and 6 goal win was probably more a reflection of our domination.

I think MON has found the best formation to suit our strengths and weaknesses. They now have a couple of games to see if the performance can be repeated, produced away from home and then a close season to strengthen and practice. Pressure off.

I would go further Galaxy42. I would say that was our best performance for 2/3 seasons. Defence never looked under pressure. Pants a bystander. Midfield controlled the game and 6 goal win was probably more a reflection of our domination.

I think MON has found the best formation to suit our strengths and weaknesses. They now have a couple of games to see if the performance can be repeated, produced away from home and then a close season to strengthen and practice. Pressure off.
But it was against a very poor team with half their defense missing. Not so sure that system will always work, we need to flexible and be able to change systems according to the opposition. But the important part is that we play the same style of football going forward.

But it was against a very poor team with half their defense missing. Not so sure that system will always work, we need to flexible and be able to change systems according to the opposition. But the important part is that we play the same style of football going forward.
Boro are not a poor team. They were the 6th best in the league. There was still more ££ on the pitch for them than for us. Their useless striker Fletcher alone cost more than Grabban.

They are an extremely defensive side and were basically missing three main defensive players. Well, we are missing four- Benalouane, Dawson, Fig, Hefele

We are also missing Soudani and Colback.

Pulis is making excuses to save his job. The battle today was won in midfield more than just the final third

I suspect we’ll have to give both QPR and Bolton a real walloping if MON is to be here after the end of the season. Even that probably won’t be enough.

Lovely to get a win when the pressure’s off but I think the owner will think the same as most of us: management of the team since January hasn’t been anything like good enough and nor have our results.

In the scheme of things, nothing’s changed since kick off against Boro.