Mitrovic | Vital Football

Mitrovic

Rafa bashing aside, Mitro only got 11 goals in 37 games and 3 goals in 27 games for Fulham in the premier league when they were last up. That's 14 goals in 64 games for a different manager.

Not saying he hasn't settled down and got a family etc which has improved him but he's still not proven as a premier league striker. Maybe the increased pressure or fan noise/intensity was too much for him here, I don't know. Just remember when he was here that he was a marmite player with his touchpaper always exposed just ready to be lit.

He simply wasn't given a chance here

Whether or not he would ever have amounted to anything here is open to argument

I remember him scoring 11 in the PL for Fulham the same season Rondon was getting smoke blown up his arse here for scoring the same amount

I remember him scoring 11 in the PL for Fulham the same season Rondon was getting smoke blown up his arse here for scoring the same amount

Whilst I agree and remember at the time getting narked by his injuries and omissions, looking back he missed far more than he scored but you could also argue that he was at least getting into those positions.

That said, if Rafa has methods and players don't stick to them then there's always gonna be one outcome. See James Rodriguez, Lucas Digne and Jack Colback for examples.

Rondon was twice the all round forward Mitrovic ever was.

I think that was the argument, at the time.

I was going to say he’s found his level, but even in the Championship that’s a bloody good effort.
He’s always been good at that level. He will want to stay in London so will have plenty of clubs to choose from. I think he will stay at Fulham.

For his sake I hope he's developed as a player and a person. As a striker he didn't cut the mustard here and more often than not was a card waiting to happen. 14 goals in 65 appearances isn't anything to write home about. Leon Best got 10 in 42 and nobody's clutching their hankies about him .

For his sake I hope he's developed as a player and a person. As a striker he didn't cut the mustard here and more often than not was a card waiting to happen. 14 goals in 65 appearances isn't anything to write home about. Leon Best got 10 in 42 and nobody's clutching their hankies about him .

More the circumstances of his departure for me.

Replaced by Slimani initially who barely played while having to rely on Joselu

Then him and Rondon had equal tallies in the following season - Mitrovic in a relegated side

We didn't really replace him til Wilson

Last edited:
I'll have to take your word for it

I seem to remember that Rondons 11 with us was one of better seasons

Rondon led the line for a mid table finishing team.

Mitrovic barely got a game for a relegated team.

One was signed by a manager who has pretty much won everything in the game. The other was signed by Steve McClaren.

That's done nothing to convince me

The manager who has won pretty much everything in the game sold a young promising striker (13 in his first season wasn't it? - I might have totally made that up) and replaced him with Slimani

This one is all about opinion as there are no facts that will back it up one way or the other but I would have loved to have seen him given more time to develop here

That's done nothing to convince me

The manager who has won pretty much everything in the game sold a young promising striker (13 in his first season wasn't it? - I might have totally made that up) and replaced him with Slimani

This one is all about opinion as there are no facts that will back it up one way or the other but I would have loved to have seen him given more time to develop here

You have made that up, or forgotten.

He scored a total of 14 goals for us. I saw him score two at Preston and one at Wolves and I don't go to anywhere near every game.

So that's 11 at best.

Mitrovic: 64 appearances, 14 goals.
Rondon: 32 appearances, 11 goals.

In the PL first season, Mitrovic 9 goals, two of which were pens.

Rondon, no pens.

I'm also not only talking about goals and assists, there is also the forging of a much more effective partnership with Perez, who came on leaps and bounds alongside Rondon. To the tune of £30m.

So, there are plenty of facts to back it up.

I doubt any of that will convince you either.

Last edited:
Rondons PL goals..
2015 - 2016 - 9
2016 - 2017 - 8
2017 - 2018 - 7
2018 - 2019 - 11

Mitrovics PL record
2015 - 2016 - 9
2017 - 2018 - 1 (only played 6)
2018 - 2019 - 11

The only 2 full seasons they have played in the PL at the same time they have scored the same amount of goals

Rondon an established Premier League player when he scored 11 for us - Mitrovic back up with newly promoted Fulham

Did you really go there stating that Perez' value is a fact that backs up your argument - really ??

The penalty stat got me interested - bit desperate going there as well in my opinion

As far as I can see Rondon has a career tally in all competitions of 6 penalties scored - Hardly backing up your argument that he was twice the all round forward either

Last edited: