Mitrovic at the World Cup | Vital Football

Mitrovic at the World Cup

crooktownmags

Vital Squad Member
I have been a strong critic of the mad serb but I must confess he looked pretty decent last night in the World Cup. Is it not time to realize we 'aint gonna sign anyone better? Slimani would have cost a kings ransom and he looked shite. That Danish kid looks poor to me. There is simply no point in pursuing players who are no better than we already have on the books surely?

It's very similar to the case at Leicester where Musa was signed by Ranieri and for one reason or another doesn't fit in with Puel's plans and is now on loan at CSKA

If Mitrovic isn't doing as he's told in training and then continues to miss chance after chance in games for us then there's nowt anyone can do to save his career here.

He’s better than Joselu surely Rafa can see that

I don't think there's any doubt about that but in regards to team players coming first for Rafa, Joselu would win every time.

Lost count of the amount of times where Mitro missed an easy chance and got peoples backs up plus for the record id give him another shot here.

He’s better than Joselu surely Rafa can see that

Rafa can't see past his own ego.

Toony has a point regarding Mitro missing easy chances although I feel it needs to be pointed out that Joselu rarely gets himself into position to miss.

Also, Mitro and Joselu are different types of striker. I still see Joselu as more of a number 10 or link man where Mitro is more a target man or supposed finisher.

Also, Mitro and Joselu are different types of striker. I still see Joselu as more of a number 10 or link man where Mitro is more a target man or supposed finisher.

In that case Rafa wasted club money on Joselu when we were crying out for a target man or finisher.

His much lauded managerial skills should have been used to better effect on Mitro in my opinion.

In that case Rafa wasted club money on Joselu when we were crying out for a target man or finisher.

His much lauded managerial skills should have been used to better effect on Mitro in my opinion.

Maybe true but I heard that Rafa spent the money on a player he thought could do a job and was available, rather than Ashley keep it.

3 things are certain
Mitrovic will be sold
We will sign someone worse if at all
Ashley will make a profit

Normally under these circumstances a decent manager manages his best players and tries to keep them, not fall out and sell them.

3 things are certain
Mitrovic will be sold
We will sign someone worse if at all
Ashley will make a profit

Normally under these circumstances a decent manager manages his best players and tries to keep them, not fall out and sell them.

Yes, spot on with all 3 points. My expected starting line up for our first game next season is Joselu up top with Perez in support. I hope I am wrong.

All that said would it not be reasonable for the NUFC hierarchy to say "listen, we spent a fortune on Mitro and he scores loads for any other team he plays for...you are supposed to be a top manager...can you not get him playing as well?"

Maybe Rafa needs to compromise on this one.

What's a manager supposed to do ? Mitrovic has let the side down several times from a disciplinary point of view. He doesn't fit the tactical plan the manager prefers. According to reports he lacks application in training and when he has played he's missed sitters (even at the World Cup 14 shots to one goal). Also where has the idea that just because Joselu's shite (and he is) that means it has to be Mitrovic in. Neither are the answer.

The Mitrovic story : bought by a shit manager, doesn't score much for Newcastle, more cards than Clintons, fans like him because he seems to be a bit radge, relegated, doesn't convince a better manager even in a lower league, has a good run for lower league Fulham, disappoints at the World Cup, fans still like him because he seems to be a bit radge.

The answer for me would have been to buy a replacement for Mitrovic before sticking him on the bench to rot,then loaning him out.

The manager wasted 5 million on Joselu instead.

Last edited: