MITRO... | Page 2 | Vital Football

MITRO...

But he scores consistantly for his country. I for one hope he has a good world cup, his stock increases and if the manager deems him not part of his plans then any money from a potential sale is reinvested for whoever the manager may be.

Loads have players have done well internationally but have not been of top European level standard. International football doesn't mean shit. Ali Daei scored 109 goals in 149 games for Iran, went to Bayern and Hertha and was shipped out after failing at that level. Has Mitrovic ever played consistently well for Newcastle United ?

Mitrovic's stock went up here based on the apathy surrounding the club and the desperation for a hero. A numptie running around kicking a few ankles and dancing at the end of a game isn't in my hero bracket. His goal return of 14 in 65 premier league games as a striker is also not good.

As an out here example, a player of opposite temperament and almost forgotten is Ruel Fox. He got 12 goals in 58 games. He also wasn't a striker.

No he has never played consitantly well for Newcastle, coming into the league from overseas i personally have always afforded a player a season to fully understand their new surroundings and the pace of the premier league etc only after that season will i judge, but saying that within that season you can start to form an opinion. In Mitro he has not been up to the quality we need.

But forwards are so valuable these days they go for obscene money, thats why i hoe he has a good world cup and some team on the continent fancies him., and we get some of that obscene money (as long as its reinvested in the team of course and not just squirrelled away)

I hope it works out well too. Even better if he had a great loan spell at Fulham, magic world cup and then came back ready to play to his potential for us.

The big lad scored for Fulham last night. I hope he cracks a load in before the end of the season. What price a hat trick at home to Sunderland on 28th April to send them down. He could become a Geordie legend after all.

Scored one, missed a 'tap-in', and took a dive in the box CTM. The good, the bad and the ugly as the morning pair wrote. Fulham at home to Wolves on the Saturday match at 5.30 on Sky. Might be worth a watch.

I watched it. He got stuck in, showed what he is good at, which is drifting off to find space. He was closely marked and dealt with it well. Some good lay offs but could have put in a bit more energy to make a few 40:60 balls 50:50.

Maybe we should have used him more in the Championship but then Gayle was on fire at that level.

That's pretty much the way I saw it Rexn. Mitro would rarely be afforded the same time or space in the Premiership even though Fulham were playing the best team in their division.

You never know, might be the making of him, he could play a run of games, staying on the pitch and scoring a few, he has to stay on the pitch, he'll never improve unless he trys to play the ball instead of constantly fighting.

Lets hope so, me I still have my reservations about the kid but I would be happy to be proved wrong while he is still on the books.