Mirroring PJ's thoughts? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Mirroring PJ's thoughts?

Ireland in many respects is a small place, it can also be a very violent place because of the (still) free availability - if you know who to approach - of weapons, many of them bought from the 'old' IRA members for cash and other rewards.

I/we bought a block of flats in Miraflores,(part of a much bigger deal, but mentioned in the Wiki reference) which had been sub-contracted to a travel agent who filled it up with 'the boys/Ra' (anyone Irish here will understand that term) it was a holiday perk, apparently.

They caused chaos, but the previous management had screwed over future ownership and the place became a sanctuary (where continuing any feud/war) was forbidden between the parties, mainly they stuck to the rules until the rewards for owning drugs territories back in Ireland simply became too great.

Eventually, I did a deal with all parties concerned and we sold the block.

- To cut a long story short, what I do know is (perhaps Bizarrely) they still follow the rules of not involving 'civilians' (relatives outside the gangs and their activities).

So I really do not see a problem, if you stay in Ireland long enough, in my view you can soon find yourself connected to/dealing with all sorts of characters that here in the UK would seem unbelievable.

Troy's advisors have got smarts; but sometimes you can't help but fall across some characters, (especially if you're bought up in certain area's in Dublin) at one point or another I probably met with almost all the senior members of a certain well constructed Irish organizations and from time to time I still bump into/see them and they're the nicest blokes you'd ever wish to meet...cough, cough..

I've rubbed shoulders with a few serious people in my time don't get me wrong. Some of the warmest funniest people on the surface whose histories are anything but. However I'm not a high profile footballer. Benzema is a recent example of how having these ties can compromise you should you reach certain levels of influence.

I hope you're right that civilians wouldn't be involved but have heard some of those involved in that feud are worst of the worst and wouldn't think twice about breaking the unwritten rules.

I've rubbed shoulders with a few serious people in my time don't get me wrong. Some of the warmest funniest people on the surface whose histories are anything but. However I'm not a high profile footballer. Benzema is a recent example of how having these ties can compromise you should you reach certain levels of influence.

I hope you're right that civilians wouldn't be involved but have heard some of those involved in that feud are worst of the worst and wouldn't think twice about breaking the unwritten rules.

You can never say never and the characters his friend is related to aren't nice people and the criminal gangs in Dublin are entirely capable of doing some pretty evil things, so he and his advisors should be watchful, but as of now, I see no reason for panic.

Unwritten codes are pretty powerful and almost never ever broken unless someone “ goes rogue “ .
The east end of London was an unwritten code ‘district’ when I was growing up . The ‘only’ danger was from wannabes who were soon put in their place . Other than that it was a safe environment , if you knew how to look after yourself .
I have no knowledge whatsoever of the groups being debated here but can only imagine , and relate to what I’ve read in the media .