Milwall match thread sponsored by better late than never | Page 6 | Vital Football

Milwall match thread sponsored by better late than never

Lost count of the number of times pants should have released the ball quickly for a break only to hold it, let them get back, then either pass it to them or straight out for them to throw in.
He truly had a shocker and it wouldn't surprise me to find out he'd been abusing substances before and during that match.
Ref was awful.
We were too slow in our build up and milwall should have been in the lead at half time.
Lucky to escape with a draw.

Absolutely spot on chap. He seemed completely intimidated by the opposition today. His distribution was laughable. He wouldn't throw the ball out to our players quickly. He'd hesitate, piss about and then throw it where he'd just decided not to. He did that on the first goal conceded, and then went flapping for the cross which resulted from his initial indecision. He broke the tempo of our game tonight. The longer the game went, the worse he got. His kicking was dire too. One of the worst displays of keeping i can remember since Hendo's dire run of games a couple of years ago. How this guy played in the prem i dont know. He's bang average imo.

If karanka is true to his words about having 2 players per position then Steele should be in the side on Saturday. If he was an outfield player hed be dropped, 100%.

Not a great game and to be honest it seems we haven't played well consistently in the league this season. However, we are still only beaten once, we are two points outside the playoffs and seven from automatic promotion.
If we start playing the way we did against West Brom and Newcastle on a consistent basis, we will be closer to the auto positions.
As a slight note, to me it looks like the players were slightly afraid last night.
I have a theory. As there are now two players for every position and AK appears to be strong in his instructions, perhaps some of the players are frightened to move away from the gameplan as they know they will be dropped for the next game. Pants poor distribution last night was perhaps part of AK's instruction to pass it out from the back were AP's natural thoughts we to relieve some pressure and launch it up front?
Just a theory. Feel free to comment!

Carvalho should of come off after scoring leaving Ozzy on to help in the middle and Murphy for Grabban as he could of helped keep it further up and helped out defending set pieces. AK has to rewatch that game a few times to see where we all see he's going wrong, we should of out footabled them not allowing them to keep launching it.

we are getting out muscled by too many teams. wba, birmingham , millwall. do you really want to be bringing the likes of dias on against millwall to hold on. should have played murphy for physical presence, dawson. tachtsidis is 6ft3 we will probably never see him play.

we are getting out muscled by too many teams. wba, birmingham , millwall. do you really want to be bringing the likes of dias on against millwall to hold on. should have played murphy for physical presence, dawson. tachtsidis is 6ft3 we will probably never see him play.

Horses for courses.
Dawson should have started instead of Fox as well .
Dion Dublin won about 6 headers in the first 10 minutes.

If we start playing the way we did against West Brom and Newcastle on a consistent basis, we will be closer to the auto positions.

To be fair, last night Millwall (and they aren't the first this season and won't be the last either) did what both Newcastle failed to do for an entire game and West Brom failed to do for 70 minutes. They got in the face of the players and didn't give them time to play.

We are easy to play against at the moment. Everyone knows that if they rough us up a bit and break up the game so that we don't get momentum (and the confidence that comes from it) that we struggle. We need to find a way to play against these teams and we have to be able to vary our tactics occasionally. Seems to me that whilst we may have more strength in depth in most positions, I think we are still one dimensional in the way that we play.

We could've been in the top 6 this morning and we squandered that opportunity. Millwall deserved their result last night - they earned it.

Having said that, I'm certain that last year we would have lost that match. So some faint praise is probably due for the little progress that has been made.

In defence of Gueddy and Colback tackling isn't a high priority in their assigned roles, especially on a night like tonight when they're largely bypassed.

Colback is to control space, press, intercept and win secondary balls. Gueddy is our 'quarterback', transitioning from defence to attack. Neither did those roles particularly well tonight but I think that's what Karanka wants from them.

Agree and the main reason they were poor is cos colback can't fly and geddy needs the ball on the floor, all our players do. We needed patience and did that to get the opportunity to go in front but our game management was shit and pants has to take much of that. Tbf he made a lot of saves as well but cost us all three pts

I think this sums it up perfectly CP, the first line that is. They outplayed all but for a few nifty moves and 2 very good goals. What I was angry about as I drove home was how niggly and moany we have become. Surrounding the ref and protestation is the number 1 rule in our game and its bloody awful to watch. I shouted "get on with it and shut your gob" to Colback last night. They are not at all endearing.

Lolley looked like the only decent player on the pitch from both sides. Gueddy put in that ever reliable Gueddy performance again last night. You are exactly righ about Gueddy and Colbacks roles. Unfortunately you need them to be consistent, something we know Ardelene lacks.

Pantz was again Pants. I pointed it out the other day and again last night, overall he was shit. Yes he pulled off a couple of decent stops but his distribution was dreadful and he was at fault in the goals.

We need to cut the ref haranguing out, control the middle and stop fucking about. Also Is there no chance of seeing Murphy and Grabban in the same team for 90 mins? Im not a 442 nutter but last night surely 2 forwards would have been better than 1.

I detest it too, I hated that side of us under Billy and if anything this could turn out worse. Completely agree with everything else too...

Would say that we lost games like that last season so progress has been made but we need to win games like that to go up.

Pants was visibly shaken by Millwall and his fame fell to pieces. The throw out that led to their 1st goal was terrible. He went to throw it quickly, changed his mind, then threw it to the same place regardless.
But it wasn't just his decision making. The lad who played the ball in had all day to launch it in whilst we backed off him. Think it was Robinson but could be wrong. Close the ball down quickly and Millwall aren't organised to attack the ball, and it's normally a less accurate ball in.
The flapping after speaks all on its own.
Really poor.

You can play badly but get through it by toughie it out. We seemed to mentally disintegrate instead.

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what type of football Pulis is going to play on Saturday. i hope karanka doesn't make the same mistake.

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what type of football Pulis is going to play on Saturday. i hope karanka doesn't make the same mistake.

He strikes me as the kind of guy that doesn't make mistakes, although perhaps not quite as much as on Warburtonesque levels.

Karanka doesn't learn, or change things when they are clearly wrong. He should have started with Dawson or should have brought him on when it was clear we were losing every cross into the box. What really annoys me is that in hefele, Dawson and Worrall they had the answer to the half of the division that are all about physical presence and crosses into the box, but no Karanka will solve it with slick passing teenagers. Well imo he's wrong, but plenty disagree so what do I know.

Now I've finally calmed down after last night.......what a load of absolute furnish that was. We can moan about players, but that loss of two points can be laid solely at AKs feet. Absolutely clueless .
Every single Forest fan could have told you how Millwall would approach that game. It's the most nailed on approach in the league. Everyone that is, except seemingly our manager. We all new that Millwall would look for fouls and corners around our box and bombard our area. Every single one of their players over six foot. Yet our manager, who meticulously plans out each game, researching every opponent in fine detail, somehow missed these facts! Before the game, both my brother and I said, surely he will go with Dawson and Hef tonight, to try and combat the high balls. No insult intended to Fox here, he was giving away over a foot to their striker and number 5. I don't expect him to win many against those Giants. But no, AK ignored this, even after the first 20 mins when they had had 6 free headers on our goal. He did nothing about it until after they got their first. And guess what, Dawson won every header after he came on. Unfortunately the damage was already done by then.
As for the players, for me Geddy was again man of the match (Appolyon , I'm not sure what your vendetta against him is about, but he has been our best and most consistent midfielder in every game he has played so far), and Lolley was also excellent. Apart from those two, no one else comes out with any credit.
Four points dropped in the last two games, down to the manager. The league is there for the taking this year and he is fucking it up.

The only vendetta I have is a Walls Vendetta in the freezer

Or is it Viennetta chap?

Hes gash. When hes on song, hes great, when hes not hes absolutely gash. Theres no inbetween

Last edited: