Millwall v Swans | Vital Football

Millwall v Swans

keith margam

Vital Football Legend
I’ve got my safety helmet ready for Saturday as we take on Millwall in the lions den.
Last time I was there we won 0-2 in the Championship and their fans invaded the pitch and were throwing missiles at us. They had to have a cordon of security and police across the pitch to stop them, we were behind the goal.
We face a tough team who are strong at home. They will have seen the way Brum and Bristol handled us and will copy their tactics.
Fulton is out after having an operation on his hand so Fer may have to play the full game partnering the out of form Caroll in midfield.
Declan John made his debut against Palace last night, he looked good going forward, and could be included.

Enjoyed that one Keith!?

Great win for us. Thought it was going to be 0-0 at the very best after the early sending off but they dug in well and turned on the style later on. Good to see us going for it despite losing a player, not quite like the Huddersfield performance!

A great test for us, tough place to go and they came through it well.

I was there for that Huddersfield away match and it was back to the wall desperate stuff after Jordan got sent off.
This game was different and instead of sitting back we put in huge effort defensively and offensively. Potter has assembled a team of fighters and they never gave up despite going a goal down, unlike our pampered PL team who went missing when we needed them most at the Southampton relegation decider end of last season.
I was surprised at how many away fans were there and how vociferous their support was, and they played a big part in the win.
After a tour of London to get to Millwall (what a difficult ground to get to) we were bussed into a compound outside the away end. The ground was closed so we had to wait outside for ages to get in. Usual stodge on sale inside, balti pies at almost £4.00 each, beer £5 a pint, frozen stick chips that tasted like cardboard £2.30 a portion.
Locked in same compound after the match until all the lions had gone home but entertained by our fans celebrating like we’d won the cup.
A hell of a long journey there and back, easier to get to Newcastle, probably better by train next time, but very enjoyable with that fantastic win.
No need to give a match report as there are so many available on line. Suffice it to say that this team will win more matches than lose with such a fighting spirit. Shame we couldn’t have said that about last seasons team. If that lot had shown half as much guts and commitment as the present team then we would still be in the Premier League.