Millwall...on the beach, flip-flops and pina coladas all round. | Vital Football

Millwall...on the beach, flip-flops and pina coladas all round.

hindleymonwafc

Vital Champions League
I know theres nowt riding but we might as well have a forecast...both teams safe, Millwall goon squad heavily sedated and a comfortable 3-1 win for Wigan then get them brochures out for a bit of sun on yer back.

2-0 home win , would be good to finish off with a home win.

For us supporters who havnt done many aways this time, it's not been that bad a season.

2-0 home win , would be good to finish off with a home win.

For us supporters who havnt done many aways this time, it's not been that bad a season.

Great point sid...personally I've only seen us lose 3 games all season ( was in Benidorm for Leeds home.

Well done Reece...... Great send off.
Young Jolley looked up for it. Certainly not afraid to get stuck in.
18th and 52 points is a creditable finish...... probably somewhere around most of us thought we'd end up (even though we might have hoped for even a little better).

Excellent to see all those kids chomping at the bit to turn out for this first team..... hopefully, a few will make it.

Take a bow Cooky, & staff, & team..... Job done.

Roll on August.

Nothing on the game but enjoyable nonetheless. Should have scored more and some nice play at times.

However that ovation for Reece was fantastic and fully deserved. Head and shoulders above everyone on the park - again. Came a right back and left a superb midfielder. No doubt in my mind this lad will be a top player and it's been a privilege to watch him.

Overall 50 points is a good haul, just a pity we had that bizarre mid season. All change personnel wise I suspect come August.

Well done Reece...... Great send off.
Young Jolley looked up for it. Certainly not afraid to get stuck in.
18th and 52 points is a creditable finish...... probably somewhere around most of us thought we'd end up (even though we might have hoped for even a little better).

Excellent to see all those kids chomping at the bit to turn out for this first team..... hopefully, a few will make it.

Take a bow Cooky, & staff, & team..... Job done.

Roll on August.

Yeah take a bow, hopefully for the last time, Cook and his sidekicks and a good few of that squad shouldn't be within a 20 mile radius of the DW Stadium ever again.

October 18 to March 19 Unforgivable!

Some good football on display but both the opposition and the lack of pressure heloed to contribute towards that.
James was immense again absolute privilege to watch him develop this season.
Naismith continues to grow in confidence and put in a solid performance.
I hope Powell signs that contract but w/o t be too upset.
Well done boys achieved what I expected at the beginning of the season BUT you have me a heck of a scare pre- Leeds.

Any sign of Clarke or Jacobs at the end?

Norman......... Look at the table. Form goes up and down........ and we've finished in a reasonable position.

Sid, Jacobs was there....... Didn't spot Clarke.

Yeah take a bow, hopefully for the last time, Cook and his sidekicks and a good few of that squad shouldn't be within a 20 mile radius of the DW Stadium ever again.

October 18 to March 19 Unforgivable!

Got to say tho Stormin he has turned it around of late. Yes we had a real shitty few months with the odd gilmour of hope in games but in the end he got us to where we needed to be- safe in the championship. PC's here for next season & hopefully after a good pre season he can carry on from where we've left off this season with some good positive attacking football.

Norman......... Look at the table. Form goes up and down........ and we've finished in a reasonable position.

Sid, Jacobs was there....... Didn't spot Clarke.

Reasonable position? So what are your expectations for next season if we keep Cook (God Forbid) would you be happy with another reasonable position, and the same shit as this season?

Given it was his - and many/most of the players' - first season in the Championship, yes, of course it was reasonable.

Next season, I'd hope for top half........ maybe pushing for play- offs, but that would be an exceptional season.

This season, I've seen some shit, and I've seen some good stuff (occasionally, very good). I expect that....... in fact, I'm fairly sure that most fans from most teams expect summat similar.

What do you think would constitute reasonable for this season?

Reasonable position? So what are your expectations for next season if we keep Cook (God Forbid) would you be happy with another reasonable position, and the same shit as this season?
I certainly would,we are now a small fish in a very big pond and survival in this division really is the best we can hope for,maybe some need to lower their expectations somewhat!

.......... and survival in this division really is the best we can hope for.........

Whilt I certainly agree with your comment re expectations Exiled, I think it's important we continue to show some progress.

Now this might be in terms of league position, or alternatively, maybe the number of kids we start to bring through.

Regardless, I don't think we can afford to stagnate....... so consolidating on this seasons (eventually comfortable) survival, will mean a mid (preferably top half) table finish in 12 months.

Another FA Cup run wouldn't go amiss, too.
?

Given it was his - and many/most of the players' - first season in the Championship, yes, of course it was reasonable.

Next season, I'd hope for top half........ maybe pushing for play- offs, but that would be an exceptional season.

This season, I've seen some shit, and I've seen some good stuff (occasionally, very good). I expect that....... in fact, I'm fairly sure that most fans from most teams expect summat similar.

What do you think would constitute reasonable for this season?

can't believe the good posters on here are replying to this troll again gullible or what

I certainly would,we are now a small fish in a very big pond and survival in this division really is the best we can hope for,maybe some need to lower their expectations somewhat!

I'll remember that mate when i renew my season ticket, well said Moonay i knew you'd come good, keep it up.

can't believe the good posters on here are replying to this troll again gullible or what
This "troll" posts some really negative stuff, but that in itself promotes debate.

I obviously don't share many of Norman's views, but he's entitled to them......... and it's fun responding.

He may well be a troll...... in fact, he may well be a reincarnation of one who is dearly departed...... but he's not abusive, so why not engage in discussion?

As for posters who do respond being "gullible", maybe you'd like to explain why.

Just because he doesnt agree with you doesn't mean he is a troll - his opinion is as valid as anyone elses and should be treated as such. If you disagree with him challenge his views rather than encouraging others to exclude him.

If he's not abusive to other posters - which i don't think I've see why youd take issue. Some folks are always going to see things different and who's to say what is valid?

Last edited:

Do you not think we might be able to translate this end of season form into next season, though?