Millwall fan violence | Vital Football

Millwall fan violence

BodyButter

Vital Football Legend
Some great imags if you google for them.

There are so many points I'll just bullet point them.

1) What the hell were they fighting about?

2) One thing that struck me from the images was how old the Millwall fans were. Football has a real problem there.

3) Show us on the TV. Bloody TV Nazis won't show streakers or violence. That's part of the match. We want to see it.

4) If the Millwall fans were fighting amongst themselves, what was the point in the police rushing in? Surely, they were doing a good job of kicking the shit out of themselves?

5) Da meeja is going to have a field day with this. Expect an avalanche of preachy articles on why violence is never acceptable and then turn the page for coverage of boxing/ufc/the latest on the war against Muslims.

Is anyone surprised.

a) Surprised this happened in the first place

b) when it did, it was Millwall.

All you will hear this week from the FA is their disgust.

They won't mention

a) The reason the game was in central London in the first place

b) The reason the game kicked off at 5.30pm on a Saturday.

Meaning, people have gone down to London and gone on the pee for basically 24 hours !. And anyone can get a ticket (especially when it is Millwall v Wigan !!) which means it is not "true fans"

I mean, I hardly ever drink, even at the pub before the game, I just have Diet Coke - but when we went down for the Semi v Chelsea I got absolutely abliterated - I didn't even know the score until I got home !!.

The difference is, I am not into violence, but you give people who are, 24hrs to get tanked up, and thats what happens.

Semi's should be 3pm Saturday at Villa Park, or Old Trafford or similar. If the FA want to take blood money, then they should accept part of the blame.

As for the fans themselves, as I said, is anyone surprised.

BodyButter - 14/4/2013 08:16

2) One thing that struck me from the images was how old the Millwall fans were. Football has a real problem there.

3) Show us on the TV. Bloody TV Nazis won't show streakers or violence. That's part of the match. We want to see it.

4) If the Millwall fans were fighting amongst themselves, what was the point in the police rushing in? Surely, they were doing a good job of kicking the shit out of themselves?

5) Da meeja is going to have a field day with this. Expect an avalanche of preachy articles on why violence is never acceptable and then turn the page for coverage of boxing/ufc/the latest on the war against Muslims.

Re point 5/ They're probably just practicing for the real problem.... not the muslims, but the Islamists.

:35:

Reports emerging that the Millwall fans began fighting due to two brothers unable to decide who would take their sister on a date last night.

So Millwall fans fought each other yesterday.

They were probably planning on fighting Wigan, but 4 fans wasn't enough.

Serious question coz I haven't seen it.

Due to the lack of fans, they had a "neutral zone" yesterday where anyone could buy a ticket for , was it in the Millwall end, or this neutral zone.

BodyButter - 14/4/2013 03:16

Re point 1. Millwall 's risk element is made up of about seven different mini-firms. And they all hate each other. When no-one from the opposition is willing to oppose them, they're quite happy to have a go at each other. Also, it's possible that other fans (possibly West Ham) managed to get hold of tickets.

One worry for the police will be wether or not any Millwall hang around waiting to meet up with Chelski or Citeh fans today. Blimey!

Got to feel for the Wigan fans, travelling all that way for a late ko and the last train home was about half eight. And to top it all off, the opposition grab all the headlines with some sort of taxi-drivers' fight club.

If you watch the footage you can lip-read what they're saying during the ruck:
Overweight taxi driver 1. "You slag! *bosh*
Overweight taxi driver 2. "You nonce!" *oof*
Overweight taxi driver 1. "Kyant!" *bosh*
Cheeky chappie. "Gor blimey guv'nor, got me self a peeler's titfer..."
Repeat until jailed for a 2 stretch.

Had a heart felt exchange with a Millwall fan whose group had their day ruined by the fighting. It is a real shame because there are loads of great fans amongst them.

Always the way though init Fear, the low life minority give the decent fans a bad name.

It is Jonah, I know a couple distraught by it, one was close to sending the season ticket back but decided against being beaten by the minority element.

And no doubt the club will get bounced heavily by the FA because of this, but it's virtually impossible to internally police the minority loons...

I am absolutely sickened by what I've seen and it saddens me to know that hooliganism is still attacking our game. Excessive alcohol consumption, tribalism and aggression is a poison brew. I feel for the genuine fans and their families and for our game in general. Attacking your own fans, however, is a new rat eating low.

When I travel across the country to support my team I am not interested in getting slaughtered and calling every Tom, Dick and Harry a **** just because they are in the wrong colours. Neither am I interested in smashing someone's face in. You can give everything you've got for your club without it. It has no place in the game whatsoever. For me, mass alcohol consumption is a massive part of a poisonous culture, where getting ******* and kicking off is the raison d'etre of being a fan. Unfortunately, those involved will see this as a grand day out. War stories for their 'firm.' I could not think of anything more boring and inane than being part of that. Making shit cakes with a canary would be more appealing.

I just hope that those responsible are dealt with firmly and that the FA learn important lessons in terms of the stewarding, policing and alcohol policies. As for Millwall, as unfortunate as it is for the majority of real fans, it is a club that still has a significant problem. Despite many of the good initiatives that have been taken, a core hooligan element remain.

There is some talk that west ham had got tickets in there. How true that is I don't no but milwall kicked off with blues the week, it does still go on just not as much now. God help if we play blues again, that will go off big time !!

Maybe they should start deducting points, I think 10 points off Newcastle should do it, then they wouldn't be so bloody quick to do it next time.

This talk of opposition fans in the stand is bull, who has that sort of money to go to a cup semi final just to start violence?

And am I the only one that wants to know what the police were doing? from what i saw on TV they were blocking the exits and hitting anyone that tried to get out of the stand, and that includes probably many scared innocent people who just wanted to get out before they got hurt

thefacehead - 15/4/2013 07:37

Maybe they should start deducting points, I think 10 points off Newcastle should do it, then they wouldn't be so bloody quick to do it next time.

Then they'd have to take ten points off Sunderland too ;)

I think there is a lot of over reaction to what happened. About ten fans started fighting amongst themselves. They weren't on the rampage attacking innocent kids.

The police waded in and probably hurt more people than the Millwall fans. Madness.

Personally, I'd like to see the police give them the equivalent of a boxing ring to have it out whenever they want. Anyone in the ring gets what they get and no arrests. Perhaps some waste ground or in the centre circle of the sty?