Millwall Fan Comments | Vital Football

Millwall Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
We battered them last year, only to lose 1-0.So, as is the way of football, we will be under the cosh the entire game and somehow come away with a 1-0 win thanks to header from a corner - our only shot on target.

A draw, as long as it isn't due to a late Forest equaliser, would be good; a win would be amazing.

Tonight we don't turn a corner, they will batter us 2-0...I would just settle for Neil to finally recognize who his starting 11 is and to try to play some real football, not hoofball anymore.

We've had more successful crosses from open play in the first ten minutes at the City Ground than the rest of the season put together...

Same old fucking story. All over them for 25 mins and don't make it count.......then concede.

Seriously, we've been given them a bigger battering than the cod in the chippie round corner - and it is us who go a goal fown: 11 attempts to their 4....!!!

Millwall 15 goal attempts, 7 on target. Forest: one shot on target. Half time: Forest 1 Millwall 0. FFS....!!!!!!

Dead half, had a half chance. Forest pumping it long and wasting time. Elliot wins everything.

Forest are fucking shit, how are we losing these games!!!

Floodlights could save us!!!

2-0 goodnight Harris!!!!

Now I’m fucked right off! Robin Hood *****!!!!

We are well and truly Friar Tucked...

I say chaps, I believe that's a goal for us. Tally Ho and lift off.

Disallowed ****** ref.

Disallowed second goal bollocks decision.

Fucking Robery. Even the commentator said it should have stood.

How the fuck did these win the European cup? They are shit.

Fuckin get in there.

Fucking come on. Lets have it.

That will give us somethign to build on. played football too.

Great result to come back from 2 down. We really battled once we scored our first........the millwall fans sounded loud on sky.

Really should have been 5-2 to us.

So glad heads didn't drop with the bullshit disallowed goal and handball not given just before.

Forest 2 shots on target, both went in. Amos beaten by £13 million signing.

They defended really well tonight as a team. the one time we didn't pressure the ball they managed to score and a fucking free kick. Didn't deserve to concede on that performance.

If you read the forest forum match thread, you can see the collective panic set in as they all start calling to go five men at the back and bring on their tall CB. we didn't really give them an inch and apart from a few "pretty" passages of pay and two good shots, they offered nothing.

I actually think as well, the ref had a good game until he disallowed Bradshaws goal.
Dare I say it he's probably the best ref we've had this season. Well one of the best anyway!

Looks like that late equaliser has broken the forest forum.

The slags deserved nothing as their manager said on sky. Fuck the friar tuck *****.

Bradshaw's goal: Seen it replayed on the Quest highlights. The correct decision but if it had been the other way round it probably would have been allowed.

A really good point but in truth it should have been three!

A really spirited performance, full of commitment and drive. For once, no brown nosed ref, and they were the most grateful to hear the final whistle. They brought on an extra defender with ten to go but couldn’t keep us out. Hats off the Neil and the boys.

Not wishing to sound like Mr Micawber but.
Being 2-0 up and then conceding two late goals = Despair.
Being 2-0 down and then scoring two late goals = Elation.

Same result, two very different emotions.

If I was a Forest supporter I would be concerned that despite spending bucketfuls of money their team didn’t look much. There were rumbles of discontent for most of the game.

"Dare I say it he's probably the best ref we've had this season. Well one of the best anyway! "
This takes the biscuit and shows just how shit the ref actually was for us .

Said in the match fred- all these comments would be fair if we were playing volleyball or head tennis. Deserved a draw only down to our failure to have a plan b. But as for football- does it really need me to quote the great man on their football 'style'?

At least AK is recognizably fooking football not the hoofball gash I watched yesterday.

its worth noting that in all of these fans comments they say that we are shit consistently.

I think a draw was a fair result, but we really should have got the 3 points.

If that was them playing football, then I dread to think what their hoofball is?

Pants made a couple of mistakes, but pulled off some good saves too - tactically, we got it wrong, I'd have taken off Carvalho at HT & brought Murphy on to play with Grabban...we were not holding the ball up & allowed them to just keep lumping the ball in the box.

Hopefully, some lessons learned!

its worth noting that in all of these fans comments they say that we are shit consistently.

Yet none of these teams - with the exception of Brentford - have managed to actually beat us.

Hopefully that's a sign that if things do start to come together - which I think they will sooner or later - we'll be a strong contender in this division.

"Dare I say it he's probably the best ref we've had this season. Well one of the best anyway! "
This takes the biscuit and shows just how shit the ref actually was for us .

Exactly - he was woeful, but particular mention has to go to linesman in front of BC Lower, my 13 year old daughter has a better appreciation of the offside rule and what constitutes a foul!

agreed okd i posted something similar.

Cooper is 9'6 and we knocked it in the air far too often - similarly, it took until 25 mins in, to actually get a player in front of Elliott from their throws etc....

Absolute basics... stand in front, occasionally accidentally stepping backwards & standing on his toes at the opportune moment and thereby get him to push to concede a foul.

Thoroughly agreed with bringing Dawson on, but I think Murphy would have loved the physicality too.... Carvalho may have scored, but this was not a game for him!

We wouldn't need to physically challenge them if we passed it around them. Geddy needs to get further up field and we need to start with a bit of energy. Did any player break in to a sweat last night. Pass and move.

We wouldn't need to physically challenge them if we passed it around them. Geddy needs to get further up field and we need to start with a bit of energy. Did any player break in to a sweat last night. Pass and move.

Not that easy, they pressed us high up the pitch and played with a higher intensity - our players looked tired but that wasn't helped by some baffling refereeing decisions and poor decision making on our part.... which has been a constant, with the final ball errant and Carvalho was not given any space to play - he was probably the worst culprit for giving the ball away.

For the first 10 mins, we didn't know how to deal with them - we also gave away too many fouls/corners allowing the ball to be lumped into the box and failed to retain the ball, with no real outlet.

At 2-0 we did not need to press or rush, mistakes gave them momentum at a time we should have shut up shop - naiive, but something that can be learned from.