Millers out on loan 2020/21 thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

Millers out on loan 2020/21 thread

17/02/21

Tilt and Proctor starting for Wigan Ath. tonight. Proctor up front in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

Update...
Wigan Ath. lost 0 -5 . Neither player was booked

TILT (Wigan Ath., L1) played whole game
PROCTOR (Wigan Ath., L1) subbed 71 mins

Last edited:
The National League North/South season has been declared void, so presumably no more fixtures to go ahead for 2020/21. So that rules out any Millers "Youth loans" to League level 6 now. The National League (Level 5) fixtures will continue though.

I was under the impression that it had all been sorted a week or two ago and that they were carrying on - either I mis-read (not difficult for me these days) or I got the wrong league!

Think the clubs earlier voted to continue, based on the belief that they were getting a government grant to keep them afloat .... then they were later told that it would only be a loan. There was then a dispute about what was originally agreed at those meetings with government representatives , and nobody in the government has been able to find the minutes or make them public!

Last edited:
Have you watched a six part series called 'The English Game'? It's based on truth about football in the 1870's - it's interesting.

No,. What tv channel is/was it on?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
20/02/21

It looks like the "Loan Squad" fixtures are all scheduled for 3pm today.

Jones not in action for Crewe A. due to knee injury. (They lost 1-2)

Miller is on the bench for Northampton T.

The rest all start.

Update...
None of them scored, only Proctor was booked.

MILLER (Northampton T., L1) sub on 69 mins, L3-4
TILT (Wigan Ath., L1) played whole game, L1-2
PROCTOR (Wigan Ath., L1) played whole game, booked, L1-2
VASSELL (Fleetwood T. , L1) played whole game, D1-1
KAYODE (Carlisle U., L2), played whole game, D1-1

No wins for the "Loan Squad" today... more action on Tuesday.

Last edited:
Mike - The English Game was a Netflix production. It's more about the FA Cup but if you get chance it's a good watch and quite close to the true story.

Thanks for the information, Caz. I have read a few books on the history of football - interesting subject.
Also for cricket - "The Willow Wand" by Derek Biirely and W.G Grace's memoirs are good. Match fixing, dodgy franchises and sponsors , crowd disturbances, etc , have been around for a long time. Most of the current cricket problems are fairly mild in comparison with the late 1800s!

Last edited:
My sister is in the midst of moving and she has cases and cases of books and loads of them are signed copies of cricket books. She has been trying to 'fob' them off on people as they are down-sizing and there is no room for them!

23/02/21

All the "Loan Squad" have scheduled games tonight.
Jones is out due to his knee injury though. (Crewe A . won 2-0)
Proctor also out injured for Wigan Ath.
All the rest start for their teams.

Update...

None of them were booked, only Kayode scored a goal.

MILLER (Northampton T., L1) subbed 45 mins, D0-0
TILT (Wigan Ath., L1) played whole game, W2-1
VASSELL (Fleetwood T., L1) played whole game, L0-2
KAYODE (Carlisle U., L2) played whole game, scored one, L2-3

The "Loan Squad" are all scheduled for more action on Saturday (if fit)

Last edited:
27/02/21

All the "Loan Squad" are scheduled for 3pm k.o. games today.
Jones still out due to knee injury. (Crewe A. drew 2-2)
Proctor also out injured for Wigan Ath. (No details of injury given on WAFC website)
The rest all start.

Updates...
Played whole game unless stated, only Kayode scored, none booked

MILLER (Northampton T., L1) L1-2
TILT (Wign Ath., L1) L1-2
VASSELL (Fleetwood T., L1) subbed 90mins , D1-1
KAYODE (Carlisle U., L2) scored one , L1-3

No wins for the "Loan Squad" today ... but, they are all scheduled to be playing again on Tuesday night (if fit)

Last edited:
I know that he has hardly been prolific, but he has at least been scoring a few , plus he's been playing out wide, taking long throw-ins, etc, in quite a few games. He was actually playing as a centre-forward today though, and scored.

Last edited:
Actually, I thought Harding's long throws were OK yesterday.

And I suppose we have a lot of strikers on our books but I do think Kayode might have been making a stance to get into the first team if he'd been here.

02/03/21 continued...

Jones still out injured for Crewe A. (They drew 1-1)
Proctor still out injured for Wigan Ath.

Tilt , Miller, Vassell , and Kayode all start . (Miller playing wide up front in 4-3-3, Kayode at centre forward)

Update...
Played whole game unless stated, none scored , none were booked

TILT (Wigan Ath., L1) L0-1
MILLER (Northampton T., L1) subbed 72 mins, W2-0
VASSELL ( Fleetwood T., L1) subbed 88 mins, W2-1
KAYODE (Carlisle U., L2) L1-2

More "Loan Squad" action on Saturday

Last edited:
05/03/21

RUFC Official website - Jake Cooper has gone on loan to Hartlepool United until the end of the season. He could make his debut for them tomorrow in the National League. He has not played at that level before. Seems like a strange decision given the injuries and illnesses of our other defenders, and our inability to fill the subs bench!
Leagues below the National League have had their fixtures suspended, so the other Millers youngsters will probably not be moving out on loan now.

Additional - More information about Jake Cooper loan on Hartlepool U. FC Official Twittter. Manager Challinor said that Jake is definitely available for their squad this weekend.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also sounds like Billy Jones and Jamie Proctor will not be playing for their loan clubs tomorrow due to continuing injury problems.

Last edited:
06/03/21

Billy Jones still out injured for Crewe A. (They lost 0-3)

Jake Cooper not included in Hartlepool U. matchday squad today. 'Pool mamager previously said that he may let Jake have a look at how they play first, if all their other defenders had recovered from injury in time. (They won 1-0)

Surprisingly, Proctor is back on the bench for Wigan A. (Probably not fully fit though)

Tilt, Vassell,Miller, and Kayode all start

Updates..
Only Tilt & Miller were booked, the only assists were from Miller, and only Vassell scored.

PROCTOR (Wigan A., L1) sub on 75 mins , W3-0
TILT (Wigan A., L1) played whole game, booked, W3-0
MILLER (Northampton T., L1) played whole game, two assists, booked , W4-1
VASSELL (Fleetwood T., L1), subbed 78 mins, scored one, W2-0
KAYODE (Carlisle U., L2) subbed 17 mins (injured), L1-3

Let's hope that Kayode's injury is not serious. All of the "Loan Squad" are scheduled to play on Tuesday.

Last edited: