Millers out on loan 2020/21 thread | Vital Football

Millers out on loan 2020/21 thread

mikemiller

Vital Football Hero
Joshua Kayode is already out on loan to Carlisle U. and played last Saturday. (Didn't score, L0-3). Dont think he played in the earlier Carlisle EFL Trophy and Cup fixtures. Provisionally a year long loan, but we can recall him in January if needed.

Just been announced that young Millers defender, Jake Hull, has gone on loan to Matlock Town. Not to be confused with Jake Cooper who isn't on loan at the moment. Jake Hull is on a two month "Youth Loan" (Source - RUFC Official Twitter). Matlock Town are in Northern Premier League Premier Division and have a league fixture at Bamber Bridge away on Saturday.

Last edited:
Thanks Mike.

It should be good experience for Jake, though still not impressed with Kayode out on loan for a full season.

Do you think one of the 'keepers might end up out on loan as I understand we don't have a reserve team this season so two of them aren't going to get much game time.

If Price is actually fit to play he might go out on loan. Other than us, no club signs players who are injured. I assumed that he was fit to play when he signed his new contract, but I could be completely wrong about that!

We do either seem to sign unfit players or they come in and then get injured playing/training for us - maybe they aren't fit enough to keep up with us Millers!

Jake Cooper (not to be confused with Jake Hull) has gone back out on loan to Gateshead until at least January 2021. The young Millers defender did well for the "Heed" last season and is hoping to continue his development with them. RUFC, Gateshead and Jake are all happy with the arrangement as being mutually beneficial. (Source - RUFC Official Twitter). Good luck to the lad!
More details on Gateshead FC website

Can't do better in the start of your career than getting games can you.

Although, I think he's around nineteen years of age, and some players are first team regulars in their own teams by that age.

Warney said on the radio yesterday that Proctor was now fifth choice striker, so I'm guessing that he could be open to loan offers, or even permanent transfer. Nothing announced yet though.

19/09/20
Kayode has just scored for Carlisle (early kick off)
Update - Full-time Carlisle U. 2 Southend U. 0
Kayode played the full game.

Jake Hull not in Matlock Town squad today. They lost 1-0 at Bamber Bridge

Last edited:
Ahh, right. Yes, the FA Cup is a bit of a minefield in situations like this. Come January when we get to play in it we might need young Jake in the squad.

All our "loaned out" players have been allowed to play for their loan clubs in the FA Cup for at least the last couple of seasons, so I'm not expecting that will change.

Let's be honest, the only reason we will be in Round Three is because we haven't been in Rounds One and Two so, yes, Jake may as well play for Matlock today!

Good to hear - pleased for the lad. And will make people sit up and look at him - I just hope it's the people from Rotherham who are doing that!

Just checked the Matlock Town FC website. Photo of their loan signing Jake Hull from RUFC on it, plus news that the Gladiators WILL be allowed to have spectators in their ground for their league home game on Saturday, even though a player from last week's opponents, Bamber Bridge, has since tested positive for coronavirus.

Well, I'm not sure how that's working - unless it's because they are not seated? But then if they are stood surely they will be more inclined to move closer to people to talk to them?

Me no understandy - and I don't think I'm the only one!