Millers Lose Former Skipper | Vital Football

Millers Lose Former Skipper

I remember Peter being a big strong centre half type player. I've got some newspaper photos (cuttings) from our squad training down at millmoor and one of them shows Peter jumping over hurdles while running around the Millmoor pitch, along with Chris Rabjohn and John Galley. It was my first scrapbook in 1966. Ironically in the same scrapbook is a photo of Peter Bonetti, diving and actually catching the ball as a few keepers did in those days ha-ha.
R.I.P. Peter Madden, Peter Bonetti, and Norman Hunter. God Bless. xxx

Ha-ha you could be right there Caz ... oh how times have changed eh, and not always for the better. In those days (60's) I used to wait at the newsagents for the Green 'un to arrive most Saturdays and inside there used to be a full page called "Mansell's Academy", with our manager of the time Jack Mansell giving training tips and they included photos of how to tackle, pass and shoot etc. Very good reading and it made me feel proud that it was our manager who taught footballing tactics in the local press, instead of our BIG neighbours from S6. Great memories.

Jack Mansell had a house on Great Bank Road with a big Windmill on the front - it was there for many years after he left too.

Because of the restriction on people attending funerals at the moment Peter Madden's family have decided to make the ceremony available as a webcast to allow people to pay their respects.

The funeral takes place today, 1st May at 1110 and anyone wanting to can log in with these details -

Username: rochdale2620
Password: 114829
Time 11.10
Service Chapel: Rochdale