Millers injury news... | Page 10 | Vital Football

Millers injury news...

21/10/21
Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - Wood and Mattock have not been back in training since Tuesday. Wiles is ill, Miller needs an injeciton in his foot... :(

Ihiekwe and Johansson should be fit for Saturday though (y)

Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - only new injury following EFL Trophy game is Mickel Miller {(sore foot), but he should be fit for our next game.

Update from RUFC Official site 29/10/21... Interview with Warney -
Mattock and MacDonald are in light training. Lindsay should be fully fit for the game after our FA Cup Round 1 tie (6th November).

Last edited:
01/11/21
Paul Davies (Advertiser) Twitter - Ben Wiles took a lot of kicks to his ankles in the Sunderland game. He will be assessed before the journey to Charlton. No other new injuries reported.

04/11/21
Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter
Update on players who went off injured on Tuesday at The Valley - Miller likely to be rested for the FA Cup tie on Saturday. Wiles may be fit enough to play though.

RUFC Official Twitter - Interview with Warney. Lindsay back in full training on Monday, Mattock in ten days time, no date given for MacDonald.

Last edited:
Apparently Michael Smith has an ankle injury that happened at the end of training on Friday so he wasn't risked for the FA Cup. Michael Ihiekwe was subbed at half-time as he is changing his car and has a courtesy car where the seat is at a different angle and has caused a back problem.

Hopefully both these two and maybe Jamie Lindsay and Joe Mattock could be back fit after the international break.

I am pretty sure the angle of a car seat can be adjusted very easily!!

I needed to be physically fit to do my job but I would have been laughed at with an excuse like that!

I mean I understand what they are saying as, daft as it sounds, I used to have awful ankle/foot problems when I went from summer shoes to trainers in the winter - which is why I tend to wear trainers all the time now. But, as you say, Sixpence surely after a couple of days he would have realised he was in discomfort?

18/11/21

RUFC Official Twitter - Warney quoted as saying that all the squad, except MacDonald, are back in full training. MacDonald is doing some training, but will not be playing before 2022.

20/11/21

Warney said in interview after 3-1 victory over Cambridge U. that we have no new injuries from the game. Didn't say what was wrong with Rathbone, but it has been stated elsewhere that he is not injured. (y)

Rumours round the ground was that he had either been 'ill all week' so not fit
or
If he gets another yellow he's suspended so we are saving him for Tuesday night.

Pick which one you want!

With Lindsay back, it's possible that Rathbone may have been rested, so quite plausible. Interesting to see if he is back for our next game

Last edited:
23/11/21

Paul Davis Advertiser Twitter - Vickers pre-Ipswich match groin injury could result in him being out for a couple of weeks. ({No mention of Rathbone).

Last edited:
25/11/21

Paul Davis(Advertiser) Twitter

Angus MacDonald is back in full training. Another un-named player has a hamstring problem, thought not to be too serious

30/11/21

Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - Will Grigg took a knock early in the EFL Trophy match and may take about a week to recover.

Warney said that Grigg was "running like a mermaid" after getting injured. Probably seen a few swimming in Wroxham Broad! :p

01/12/21

BBC Radio Sheffield now saying Grigg could be fit for next game. Injury not as bad as first thought.

Last edited:
03/12/21
Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter following FA Cup Rnd. 2 tie ...
Ferguson not involved tonight due to illness (tested negative for Covid though) and Wood taken off as a precaution (groin strain). Both could be fit for our next game.

07/12/21

Paul Davies (Advertiser) Twitter - post-match interview with Warney : Richard Wood not risked v Gillingham, but should be fit for Saturday.

09/12/21
Update - Richard Wood completed full trainiing today and is fit to play againsst Burton A.

Last edited:
11/12/21

Radio Sheffield post Burton match interview with Warney - Ogbene not fit enough to start today , and Miller was rested, both due to minor injuries. Also sounds like Harding has some bug. Didn't mention Grigg. The players have a week to recover now.

Last edited: