Millers Boss 'Very Proud' Despite Loss To Everton | Vital Football

Millers Boss 'Very Proud' Despite Loss To Everton

Listening to the commentary on the radio and to the (surprisingly) frequent reports on Sky, I have to say I was proud to be a Miller.

After a shaky start to the game and conceding an early goal (as usual), we settled in and we were the better side for most of the remainder of the match, and the players did themselves and us fans proud, it was a marvellous effort.
My only gripe is that Warney took our best players off and it was never going to be the same sort of game from that point on. Such a shame because I thought we were well and truly giving Everton some desperate moments and I could see us scoring a second goal. Still, it wasn't to be but we can all be proud of the players because they reminded us all of what they can do when they come up against decent opposition. In "normal" circumstances we would now be looking forward to a replay at the New York Stadium. I just hope that the lads can carry this form into our league games now and start to collect some points.

Just been watching Crawley 3 Leeds 0. I hope that Warney has too. Crawley continued playing their "normal" game after they went ahead, didn't stick every player back in their own penalty area for the last half hour, didn't substitute their best players to save them for the next game. The Crawley forwards could control the long ball ok when receiving it, and didn't keep needlessly fouling their markers to give possession back to their opponents.
It didn't look very difficult to beat Leeds , because a positive attitude and the right tactics were used... and Crawley took their chances. I admit the Leeds keeper didn't look very agile today and Crawley took advantage of that. Agility of a keeper is important and can make a big difference to the match outcome!

Last edited:
I agree with what you're saying sixpence but we'll never know what the outcome would have been if Warne hadn't changed things around.
In Olosunde we had the best player on the pitch. He was causing havoc to the Everton defence and it was a pleasure to watch. Perhaps Warne had got one eye on our next game and he was keeping the players safe, but I would rather him carried on with what was already on the pitch. I've always been a believer in "if it aint broke, don't try to mend it". As far as the substitutes are concerned, well, I used to be a fan of Vassell's but he looks like he hasn't got a clue these days, And as for Hirst I know he's a young lad but he hasn't shown anything at all. I would definitely send him back to where he came from.

Did anyone else think Vas has lost some of his bulk? Might just be me but he didn't seem as 'toned' as I've seen him before. I've been disappointed in Hirst too - but I do think there are some players (Jonson Clarke-Harris in my eyes) who don't do well coming off the bench, need ten minutes to get into a game which you can't really do if you come on as a sub unless your side are three up.