Millers Being Linked With 'Big Earner' | Vital Football

Millers Being Linked With 'Big Earner'

I thought the thread was about a certain Mr Moss from Chesterfield , until I re-read the heading! Probably seen Greg Leigh play against us(?), but can't recall him. He seems to have had a chequered career, but still only fairly young for a full back. If he really is a big earner by Championship standards, it seems unlikely that we will sign him, although we do need another left back.

Last edited:
No, I can't remember him either, Mike. They let six goals in against us though and he did play.

I'm not sure having a 'big earner' in the dressing room will be good for Warney's 'football lads'.

No, I can't remember him either, Mike. They let six goals in against us though and he did play.

I'm not sure having a 'big earner' in the dressing room will be good for Warney's 'football lads'.

Just checked - yes, he played for Bury in the Boxing Day 2017 game when we won convincingly 3-0 at Gigg Lane. I remember that we ran the Shakers defence ragged for long spells of the game that day and could have scored a few more. We took an early 2-0 lead (Ball, Frecks), then took a bit of a breather, but piled on the pressure in the latter stages, with Vaulks getting the third. Not entirely blaming Leigh for all that, and he may have improved, but it's not obvious how he has gone from that game to being a "big earner". He has got some England U-19 caps though, and the Bury team that he played in was a fairly weak one at that time . Difficult to judge without seeing him in more games, which hopefully somebody at the NYS has done.

Last edited: