Millers Academy | Vital Football

Millers Academy

mikemiller

Vital Football Hero
Up and running, and have played their first game of the 2020/21 season - a 2-1 victory at Burton Albion. Goals from Kenny and C.Smith. I didn't recognise many of the names, but Greaves also played. He is a centre forward who was in the first team squad for some of the Millers pre-season warm-up games. More details on the RUFC Official site, bu I couldn't find any fixture list.

FA Youth Alliance area final 2019/20 season game was postponed due to coronavirus. It will now take place v Fleetwood (away) on 06/10/20 at 1pm (behind closed doors)

19/09/20
Millers 4 Bradford City 1 (at Graham Solley Sports Cenrtre, Tinsley)
Scorers - Kenny, Greaves, Durose, McGuckin
Think Durose is the young winger who we signed from Nott'm Forest. More details on RUFC Official site.

Last edited:
Match report on RUFC Official Twitter -

Youth Alliance Cup Northern Area final (held over from 2019/20 season due to coronavirus) : Fleetwood 0 Millers 2 (Greaves, McGuckin)

Millers Academy now play Wimbledon in the national final

Greaves has signed a two-year professional contract today too.

After a good start to the season , two defeats...

24/10/20 Lincoln C. (A) L0-4

07/11/20 Rochdale (H) L3-4

Greaves scored in latter game (Not got much detail)

Only just realised that the match was played earlier today and broadcast on YouTube... the delayed Youth Alliance Cup Final 2019/20- Millers 0 Wimbledon1. You might not want to watch though as (guess what?) an unforced defensive error was to blame for the defeat- The Dons' winner was scored by a clearance by their keeper (!)...that bounced over our keeper's head into the net (guess when?) ... 89th minute. :(

Last edited:
15/12/20

Tonight Millers Academy play Arsenal in the FA Youth Cup at the NYS, 7pm kick off. Updates on RUFC Official Twitter. I have previously seen Greaves , Makwedza and C. Smith play "live" .Don't think I have seen the others though , including young Warney. Looks like there is a live match stream somewhere (not from RUFC), but I couldn't log on to it

Update 1 : HT 0-0

Update 2 : Arsenal went ahead in the second half, but Greaves equalised for the Millers from the penalty spot... but then (guess what?) we conceded again in the 88th minute. Another disappointing finish, but sounds like we have generally done well in the match against good quality opposition .

FT : 1-2

Last edited:
18/12/20
(from RUFC Official site)
Final scheduled Academy game for 2020
Millers 1 Mansfield 1
Our goal came from the sub, Clark. At least we didn't concede in the last few minutes this time! We are 4th in the league.

Seems like we have quite a good group of youngsters - let's hope they keep improving and become a good team of players for us.

20/01/21

On RUFC Official Twitter - Academy Leagues December Goal of the Month. RUFC has an entry which you can see/vote for : Haroon Salah goal for Millers v Lincoln City.
Think that's from the Millers 4 Imps 2 game ( 12/12/20) at the Bawtry Road ground (not sure)

Last edited:
Report on RUFC Official site dated 23/02/21... Millers Academy 1 Burton Albion 2 . Millers scorer was C. Smith.
Gratton not listed as playing in that game. Not clear if it was a league game or a friendly, as it says "Academy XI"