Mike Field - Have We? | Vital Football

Mike Field - Have We?

No we didn’t .

And it was one of the lowest points in modern times .

(the match , not the post)
Just popped up on my Facebook, photos of the FA cup final a great day ruined as soon as we kicked off.
The journey home in total silence still haunts me, there was just nothing to say was there easily the worse game experience of my life.
Imagine me speechless after a Villa game

Just popped up on my Facebook, photos of the FA cup final a great day ruined as soon as we kicked off.
The journey home in total silence still haunts me, there was just nothing to say was there easily the worse game experience of my life.
Imagine me speechless after a Villa game

Likewise.
Didn’t want to speak about the game at all after . I nearly lost the plot when someone at work said ‘well you must have enjoyed the day out at wembley though’.
:mad:

It’s the hope that kills you being a Villa fan isn’t it?! After the horrendous last few months of Lambert, Sherwood breezed in through the door and was like a breath of fresh air compared to the dour Scot! Survival in the league and the cup run with the semi final being probably the best high we’d had since O’Neill‘s early days...the start of a new dawn appeared to be upon us.....but as we trudged out of Wembley that day....most of us probably knew the ‘new dawn’ was already over and done with. We were bloody awful weren’t we! Always remember looking at them in the warm up, turning to Langoe Junior and mentioning that our lot didn’t look right...the shooting was reminiscent of my local pub team...we were all over the place and the display turned out to be well...just plain embarrassing! Thank heaven those days are long gone!

It’s the hope that kills you being a Villa fan isn’t it?! After the horrendous last few months of Lambert, Sherwood breezed in through the door and was like a breath of fresh air compared to the dour Scot! Survival in the league and the cup run with the semi final being probably the best high we’d had since O’Neill‘s early days...the start of a new dawn appeared to be upon us.....but as we trudged out of Wembley that day....most of us probably knew the ‘new dawn’ was already over and done with. We were bloody awful weren’t we! Always remember looking at them in the warm up, turning to Langoe Junior and mentioning that our lot didn’t look right...the shooting was reminiscent of my local pub team...we were all over the place and the display turned out to be well...just plain embarrassing! Thank heaven those days are long gone!
I don't think we even won a corner never mind had a shot at goal it was truly woeful

In fairness, under Tim the lads had pulled the stops out to survive. By the time of the final I think they'd just had enough. It had been a long season.