Mike Ashley counts down 10 step checklist on way to third Newcastle United relegation | Vital Football

Mike Ashley counts down 10 step checklist on way to third Newcastle United relegation

Paul Kannell

Vital 1st Team Regular
Made me laugh anyway:

Lost your manager who made the team far more than the sum of its parts? Check.
Replaced him with a manager who is clearly not up to the job? Check.
Summer of discontent? Check.
Made a bunch of late-in-the-day signings of unproven players who have questionable attitudes at an inflated price? Check.
Signed more players who are of average ability but not really fancied by the selling club? Check.
Split (like never before) fanbase? Check.
Hated owner? Check.
Outclassed by a newly promoted side? Check.
Called in to training on a Sunday? Check.
Manager talked about going back to “basics”? Check.

The war cry "Judge us after 10 games" is mentioned up to game 7 without a win. Replaced with "Judge us after 20 games" and will then change again to "Judge us at the end of the season" when the evidence suggest that NUFC are absolutely wank and are going down faster than the Titanic.

“Split (like never before) fanbase? Check.”

This is the one that truly shocks me. How on earth can anyone still actively support Ashley? It beggars believe. It’s on the same level as still believing Brexit is going to be good for the country.

Don't worry we've spent 40m on Joe Linton from South Shields. Once he finds his feet he might even get you 7 goals a season.

“Split (like never before) fanbase? Check.”

This is the one that truly shocks me. How on earth can anyone still actively support Ashley? It beggars believe. It’s on the same level as still believing Brexit is going to be good for the country.

But but but OM, we are just as bad for not cancelling our Sky, Virgin and BT subscriptions you know!

Support the team not the regime! Baa baa