Miguel Almiron | Vital Football

Miguel Almiron

ukrocks0007

Vital 1st Team Regular
This Paraguayan might be a better option.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210102-142312_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210102-142312_Facebook.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 11
There's a lot of problems at this club Almiron isn't one of them. If we're talking players who aren't performing and haven't for a long while look at Sean Longstaff .

Reactions: Rza
There's a lot of problems at this club Almiron isn't one of them. If we're talking players who aren't performing and haven't for a long while look at Sean Longstaff .

There are a lot of problems at the club and clearly Almiron is one of them

There are a lot of problems at the club and clearly Almiron is one of them

Why ?

I see a player who tries his hardest to make a go of it no matter what position he is played in. He's a number 10 and is never used there. He's on the left wing one week then if he's not benched he's on the right. He offers far more to the team than say Joelinton or Shelvey.

He offers very little

He can't seem to make the best of his own pace

His passing when he's running with the ball is erratic

He has one PL assist and one PL goal this season

He has been a liability in our own box when he has had to defend

I agree that there are others more culpable but I disagree with you that he is not part of the problem

We desperately need another striker who gets in the box and a creative midfielder.
We are in trouble 2 points from 3 league games, exit from the league cup and almost certainly exit from the F A Cup, then we will probably give Sheff Utd their first win followed by league defeat at Arsenal. Does not look good, relegation fodder.

He offers very little

He can't seem to make the best of his own pace

His passing when he's running with the ball is erratic

He has one PL assist and one PL goal this season

He has been a liability in our own box when he has had to defend

I agree that there are others more culpable but I disagree with you that he is not part of the problem

How many times has he been played in his actual position?

Another inept display from the heedless chicken ZERO crosses, ZERO shots. Jacob Murphy did more in 5 minutes than Almiron did in 60. However he was not the worst player on the pitch, that goes to Joelinton, Shelvey and S Longstaff. M Longstaff wasn't that much better and SDU looked more of a threat when defenders were getting forward.

It’s not looking great and are we all expecting to get beat by Sheffield Utd it certainly would not be a shock!

Why ?

I see a player who tries his hardest to make a go of it no matter what position he is played in. He's a number 10 and is never used there. He's on the left wing one week then if he's not benched he's on the right. He offers far more to the team than say Joelinton or Shelvey.

Is he really a number 10? He doesn't look like a competent footballer to me. Just a silly investment punt by Ashley imho. He would make (for example) Dyer look like Messi. Yes I agree he offers more that Joelinton or Shelvey, because at least he can run. But that is really damning the lad with faint praise. They are arguably the two worst footballers in the league.

Last edited:
Another inept display from the heedless chicken ZERO crosses, ZERO shots. Jacob Murphy did more in 5 minutes than Almiron did in 60. However he was not the worst player on the pitch, that goes to Joelinton, Shelvey and S Longstaff. M Longstaff wasn't that much better and SDU looked more of a threat when defenders were getting forward.

There's a pattern emerging...

John Gibson on Almiron

Well, he cost the club £20m and I wonder if they would get their money back never mind make a profit if they sold him during this transfer window.

I would actually doubt it.

Sadly Almiron has lost his way without ever making a defining mark on the English game. More and more he represents a headless chicken running for the sake of it rather than to effect.

Willing, yes, relentless certainly, but lightweight.

Maybe Almiron would look a better player in a better side with better tactics. Most would. But has he earned that right?

He cannot command a regular place here at the moment never mind find 'a better team' elsewhere in the Premier League.

Spot on!

Our club has so many problems, but surely one of them is that we spent a reported £60m plus wages on two very poor players. Almiron and JoeLinton. I wonder if anyone else was in for either of them?

I don't remember the over all picture of Almiron as being "good" under Benitez

I remember him having a brief flurry of games when he did well but I also remember him being exactly as he is now under Benitez

I think there is an argument for the fact that he doesn't play in his preferred position too often but at the end of the day he is an attacking midfielder who should be adaptable - its the fundamentals where he seems lacking for me

Last edited:
It's funny how people have an expectation of players being able to perform in other positions . Like when Schar was played in midfield he was shit and now he's ok again. Or Saint Maximin in the free role just doesn't really work could it be that's he's simply a winger ?

With Almiron we've seen it happen perpetually and because he makes an honest try of it his reward is more of the same. I don't know if Almiron is a quality number 10 as he's not been used there for so long. I do know he's not a right winger and the way he's used by Bruce isn't going to get the best out of him. If Callum Wilson was shit in goal would we be having a go at Callum Wilson ?

Almiron is being asked to play another role within the confines of an attacking midfielder

Comparing a striker going in goal or a defender playing in midfield makes little sense

It's not as if he is being asked to play as an old fashioned 'hug the line' winger - he has elements of freedom but quite often fucks up by going too fast for himself

Bruce will never get the best out of players but I would have a lot more sympathy for Almiron if he could get the basics right more often

Almiron is being asked to play another role within the confines of an attacking midfielder

So was Saint Maximin and it didn't mean he played well in a free role . I'm a big believer in the nuances of playing players in their best position (I get that you're not). Some players it doesn't really matter they can be effective regardless but the vast majority it affects greatly . Look at how good Jon Dahl Tomasson looked playing off Shearer in the pre-season games under Dalglish . When he was played as the out and out striker following Shearer's injury it was different story.