Miguel Almiron | Page 2 | Vital Football

Miguel Almiron

So was Saint Maximin and it didn't mean he played well in a free role . I'm a big believer in the nuances of playing players in their best position (I get that you're not). Some players it doesn't really matter they can be effective regardless but the vast majority it affects greatly . Look at how good Jon Dahl Tomasson looked playing off Shearer in the pre-season games under Dalglish . When he was played as the out and out striker following Shearer's injury it was different story.

I dont disagree with any of that

I just cant shake the feeling that he isnt really suited to the PL and hasn't got the necessary football brain to adapt

But as in all cases where I dont think much of a player, I am more than happy to be proved wrong if it benefits NUFC

I don't think anyone thinks he's a world beater but he's far from our worst player and judging by the quality of the squad he's probably one of the better players from a bad bunch. I find it very difficult to criticise any individuals recently because of the shocking coaching and tactics. The players haven't looked fit in months either but covid has bailed Broocie out of that one.

Hmmmm - it's a bit of a stretch (a lot of a stretch) to suggest Almiron was the catalyst for both Rondon and Perez to save the season

A quick look at his stats for that season shows no goals and zero assists.

For me the turnaround was more about Rondon being an effective foil for Perez.

I still stick by my thoughts that he just wasn't getting the fundamentals right at the time and it was pretty much only his attitude which kept most fans on side

I think without doubt Miggy is now benefiting from the whole team playing further up the pitch meaning he has more support. Having Bruno and Trippier in close attendance won't have done him any harm either.

Whatever happened I'm delighted for us and for him and long may it continue

Last edited:
A quick look at his stats for that season shows no goals and zero assists.

It says that in the article but there's no doubt he gave us an extra dimension especially moving defence into attack which we didn't have in the team at that time