Middlesbrough v Aston Villa, Sat 1st Dec @ 5.30pm | Vital Football

Middlesbrough v Aston Villa, Sat 1st Dec @ 5.30pm

JuanPabloAngel

Alert Team
Quick turnaround as we travel to the Riverside on Saturday evening to face off against our old friend Tony Pulis and his always-exciting Middlesbrough.

They will be out for revenge after losing out to us in the play-offs, and they'll want to keep up their momentum which has seen them consolidate in the top 6 so far this season.

It's not exactly a must-win for Vill, although we are currently 7 points behind Boro so it's definitely a must-not-lose I would suggest.

Form-wise, Boro have won only two of the last six, but are unbeaten in that spell. For our part, we've won three of our last six, but have lost two in that time.

This probably has a draw written all over it, but we are in good goalscoring form and I fancy us to take this 3-1.

Well my hope is that Middlesborough won't nearly be as dangerous as Forest were going forward , and will rely on the usual aerial Pulis bombardment which will pose us different problems but be easier to cope with.

I will back us to score against any team in the division , but I would be happy with a draw from this one.

Hutton will be out so I presume Elmo will come in for him.

I think we'll win. We always seem to do well up there if memory serves, and I think we generally do well against Pulis too.

Anyone but Nyland in goal

Elmo in for Cafu

Apart from that... same again but maybe just ask them to all defend as a team when out of possesion and not be so gung ho.

Pulis always seems over-cautious when playing against us, and I think that'll work in our favour. If the lads aren't too exhausted from last night I think we'll win.

With Hutton out, I reckon Elmo fills in. I'd be tempted to play El Ghazi as he actually looked pretty good last night, but that would mean dropping Kodjia and I think Kodjia's been doing some useful hard work, which should help against a Pulis side.

Set pieces could be our downfall in this game. Pulis' monster centre backs up against our shadow keeper and weak centre backs.
Plus the non-cover provided by Hourihane. I can see Downing having a field day against Taylor.
The only plan is non stop attacks and keep the ball out of our half.
I think we'll need 3 goals to win this one.

Is Diego Hutton banned ?.

Pulis will get his team to absolutely hammer into Mr Flappy. I would if I was him.

Hopefully Mr Flappy will be getting splinters.

Jack will still be on a yellow away from a ban aswell. Needs to keep his nose clean as we have baggies Friday.