Middlesbrough Fan Comments | Vital Football

Middlesbrough Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
What sort of reaction do you think Karanka will get? I think a good round of applause before the game kicks off for him, then that’s it, game on.

He will get a good reception, I'm pretty sure of that. Even those who didn't like his style of football will at least appreciate that he did a good job for 80% of the time he was here.

He clearly cared and did what he thought was right...the football was just too boring and didn't work then his temper let him down once too often.

AK got a standing ovation when he first entered the technical area (around 10 mins in) and the behind the goals sang his name. AK give the ground a clap and waved to the North and South stands. We outplayed Forest in the first half and then sat back and let them have the ball. Forest knocked the ball about well, Tomlin always available but didn't really trouble us.
I absolutely would not have kept him on for another go in the Championship, nor would I have looked to re-hire him after Monk's sacking.

Yeah - thank God we don't have a bad tempered manager now who dishes out boring football...

The last time I saw Pulis take on Karanka I was sat in the stands at the Hawthorns thinking ”If this was a boxing match the ref would stop it for non aggression” I expect exactly the same tomorrow and I have lumped on a goalless draw with the bookies.

Poor quality game. Luckily Forest are poo.

I disagree about Forest being a poor side; I thought they played some good football and we could have struggled if they had scored.

Tomlin is crap and tubby, worst Forest team I’ve ever seen - feel sorry for Aitor inheriting this load of crap.

Not sure what game you watched Funky, Tomlin had a good game and was available for the pass. Something we missed last season.

Just the player we're missing. Always looking for the ball, always looking for a forward pass. The nearest we come to his creativity is a Shotton throw.

Had a decent game along with Colbeck and their left winger.

Thought he looked trimmer than he was with us. Had a decent game. Their no 23 was pretty good too.

Forest had a worrying amount of chances though... better teams will punish us sitting back like that.

Thought forest gave a typical karanka performance, lots of nice passing football and possession, but I never really felt like they were going to score, even when they were camped in our third of the pitch for spells.

Thought Forest shackled Traore really well, very quick into the tackle against him reminiscent of what Spurs did last season.

To be honest I was really shocked how a Karnaka side was so sloppy in defence.

Echo the sentiments on Bamford. I think it would it would be fair to say he holds the ball up better than Gestede even in a Pulis system.

You could see the Forest team trying to get into shape after they give the ball away, something we seen a lot under Karanka. He will soon whip them into shape and they will be a force to reckon with.

Forest were really poor. Never offered anything as an attacking threat.

Comfortable but only because forest were rubbish.

Forest looked like a Karanka side to me: lots of sideways passing, few efforts on target.

I was surprised at the type of goal they gave away, but once we were 2-0 up, it was pretty much game over.

It was a meandering trip down memory lane as we watched a Karanka side trailing in a game trying to beat what was essentially a Karanka side winning in a game. Unfortunately for Aitor, there's really only one outcome in that situation.

This Forest side had failed to score in 9 of the 13 games that Karanka had been in charge, now 10 out of 14.

Watching Karnaka today. Hands in pockets, looking at his feet, no communication with the bench. Isolated.

2 nowt down, no ideas and not one shot on target. Sound familiar?

Can't see Karanka being at Forest next season. They aren't long on patience and that was a terrible display.