Middlesboro v Swans | Vital Football

Middlesboro v Swans

keith margam

Vital Football Legend
Although the seven changes at Stoke produced our first away defeat I thought we played well but nobody to put the chances away until McBurnie came on.
Saturday maybe too early for captain and key midfielder Fer to return apparently, shame as we need to stiffen up midfield. I assume Fulton and Carroll will be available, lightweight though they are, and McBurnie to start.
The owners have left Potter with a bare squad so we know that we can’t afford any more injuries.
A win would be great but unlikely, a draw could be on the cards if we play well, Boro are a tough team to get anything from under Pulis.

I'm hoping Celina is available again and maybe Fer on the bench? McBurnie has to start. They'll be a tough team but nothing we're now not used to, a games that the likes of Asoro, McKay and Dhanda wouldn't enjoy. Interesting to see how Potter shakes things up again for this one, I'd take a point now.

The reality is that we are 17th in the form table over the last six matches, whilst Boro are 3rd -
Swans have won 1, drawn 3, lost 2, conceded 5 goals
M’boro have won 4, drawn 1, lost 1, conceded 1 goal

Last edited:
We can’t be skint then. The players have the luxury of flying up to Middlesborough (Durham Tees Valley) this afternoon from Cardiff, and returning tomorrow evening after the match. I hope they bring some points back with them.
Last time we played them up there we lost 3-0, I know I was there and it was a long trip home!

Excellent point and a very good defensive display against a Boro team unbeaten at home with four straight wins.
Team: Mulder, Roberts, Van der Hoorn, Rodon, Olsson, Naughton, Grimes, McKay, Byers, Routledge, McBurnie
Subs: Nordfeldt, Dyer, Carroll, Carter-Vickers, James, Fulton, Dhanda
58% possession, five shots, two on target. Caroll hit the crossbar second half with a cross.
A pity Celina and Fer were injured for this one. It would have been a third consecutive 0-0 draw in a week if it wasn’t for poor officiating at Stoke.
Tonight’s table puts us in 13th spot, QPR v Norwich result to come, late kick off.
Rangel out injured for QPR, we play them next Saturday.
Hopefully we can score some goals then, as defensively we are doing well.

Norwich win at QPR to stop their mini revival and leapfrog us in the table, we’re now down to 14th.
We’ve scored a mere 7 goals in 9 games, with a goal difference of 1.
We need Bony back to give McBurnie a hand.

Best and second best defence in the Championship played each other today, Boro have conceded 3 goals in 9 games, Swans have conceded 6 goals in nine games. Our back four are doing a great job, Rodon and Roberts should be proud of themselves, especially Rodon, stepping up to the plate when our other three centre backs deserted us.

Our team landed back in Cardiff at 19:28 tonight. The Jack Army supporters won’t get back much before midnight. I hope the players appreciated their endeavours today, it’s such a long trip, 640 miles and almost 11 hours travelling, not counting stops. In fact GP did make a special mention of the great away support today in his after match interview, good on him.

Hoping we're stronger against QPR. I feel we're standing up more to the physical aspect of the game but our lack of attacking quality is holding us back a lot. Sounds like Celina could be starting but we also need better form out wide.