Middle Lane Drivers To Be Fined? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Middle Lane Drivers To Be Fined?

BMW drivers :6: :6: :6: :6: :6:

Why is it bullshit to get people fined if they don't drive safely?

The idea is good, just don't see how they'll execute it as we don't have that many police on the roads!

MrWashyWashy - 5/6/2013 16:56

What a load of bullshit, how about just banning the old lot that are responsible for most of these motoring "offences" and get rid of BMW drivers too.

:69: so that would mean those that drive a bmw and is old should never be allowed near a car?

:30: :30: :110:

The way I see it Fear is that they could hand out these fines to people like sweets with little or no evidence at all and people will just have to put up and shut up.

You only have to look at London for abuse of finable motoring "offences", here's an example, rush hour grid locked London, no other choice but to stop in a yellow crossed box because it was near a road turning after having being blocked off by a bus, result = £100 pound penalty (happened to me and a mate), is that fair?

They could just swipe your drivers licence through a little machine, it would automatically give you three points.

Or if we had ID cards this could also incorporate your driving licence and bank details and could give the points and take the money straight out your bank account.

Even better if we just had microchips in the back of our necks, they could have detectors on islands and bridges etc... and when we drove irresponsibly it could do it all automatically, and give us an electric shock as punishment too.

:56:

James06 - 5/6/2013 17:08

They could just swipe your drivers licence through a little machine, it would automatically give you three points.

Or if we had ID cards this could also incorporate your driving licence and bank details and could give the points and take the money straight out your bank account.

Even better if we just had microchips in the back of our necks, they could have detectors on islands and bridges etc... and when we drove irresponsibly it could do it all automatically, and give us an electric shock as punishment too.

:56:

Punishments as follows:

Tailgating - chop off ears
Middle lane hogging - chop off big toes
Not indicating - get run over by a bus being driven by a dog

:62:

About time...Parts of the M25 have been widened to 4 lanes now and I still dont get above 70 in the fast lane due to fuckwits tootling along in the middle lanes. Grips my shit!

what about,

i annoy when i drive 60 mph could want more middle lane with i could not move around cos other 60 or less mph slow driver in fast lane so i go around him.. i would get fine! who fault it is slow drive on fast lane? he should go speed up to over 70 mph... so police and goverment can find this excuse to get fine and point off.. i think not fair..

Motorbike is propular with undertake with pop not expect there in last seconds .. even Indicating light on and check mirrors.. motorbike aware it is flash, yet still undertake in middle lane, when fast lane are busy.. they could be get killer themself or try get sues get money... cos they will say they big that me, and their fault cos not see me travel on first lane .... (Excuse even he is speed under taker) so no evidance so lose insurance to car... not fair..

MrWashyWashy - 5/6/2013 16:56

What a load of bullshit, how about just banning the old lot that are responsible for most of these motoring "offences" and get rid of BMW drivers too.

Hey I'm a BMW driver and I don't hog the middle lane but it really pisses me off when someone does

Sorry to generalise Fulford, no offence intended but I'm not budging on banning old folk, my legs have been lucky too many times.

About time they made every driver take an advanced course , that would get the shite ones off the roads and out of my way .
Idiots who think the middle lane is for cruising get right on my tits .

Would a minimum speed limit for lanes work better than a maximum? There are less accidents on the autobahn which has no speed limit. Say a minimum of 70 for the middle lane. Would stop lorries inching past each other, thus forcing everyone into the fast lane, as well.

The Fear - 5/6/2013 13:16

There should be a sort of mobile traffic police/traffic warden set up, !

I know, let's call them "Traffic police" :17:

The the variable speed system on the M42 and being implemented on the M6 works well I think. But I'd agree with a minimum speed limit at quiet times, which I think this system could incorporate easily.

The system currently mans you just keep up with the traffic in your lane, and if that means undertaking then so be it, also being able to use the hard shoulder when approaching your junction is good.

Although obvioulsy you get dickheads who use it then try and pull back into the main three lanes at the last minute, even though you get plenty of warning to only use it for exit. These people should also face a firing squad IMO.

Villan Of The North - 7/6/2013 10:14

The Fear - 5/6/2013 13:16

There should be a sort of mobile traffic police/traffic warden set up, !

I know, let's call them "Traffic police" :17:

but they cost too much in the austerity years and there aren't enough (under-resourced, I'm sure they would agree) but yes, fund it and have more fine.

I was more thinking ones with cameras in the cars as proof, they could check road tax, insurance and bad driving. The instant fines, in theory, should be enough to pay for it!