Mid Fielder Wish List | Vital Football

Mid Fielder Wish List

D

Departed

So....all you pseudo scouts out there, who should we bring into our MF to strengthen our spine and accelerate our attack transition?

Kante?
Modric?

Who would best fir our team?

I still think Ruben Neves would best suit our team.

From good old Wikipedia - An article in UEFA.com described Neves as a defensive midfielder who is not afraid to go forward and prompt attacks, showing great maturity combined with an accurate passing skill, great vision and an astute sense of positioning. His playing attributes also granted him comparisons to Portuguese international João Moutinho for his fine first touch, similar desire to press his opponents and excellent distribution.

He's 21 and exactly matches the profile of player we are looking for. Never been disappointed when I've watched Wolves play either. He would be tough to get but surely we have guys like Llorente, Janssen, N'Koudou, Sissoko, CCV, Aurier etc that might tempt a promoted team and soften the blow of losing their maestro. I also doubt he'll be within our reach in a years time once the big guns set their sights on him.

We certainly need a shake up in there. I'm still intrigued to know what type of Central midfielder player we are even looking at. I suppose it will depend on who we sell.

We clearly need a tempo setter from deeper. But with potential sales of Dembele and Sissoko then we will probably need a strong athletic type as well.

Tempo setters = Ward-Prowse, Neves.

We of course already have two on the books in Eriksen and Winks. I would personally drop Eriksen deeper and let Winks be his understudy.

DM/DCM = Doucoure, Hojberg, Lemina.

AM/LAM/RAM = Maddison, Pulisic. Both worth the gamble.

Neves seem s to be the consistent choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
A midfielder who can see a pass and play it early, good in possession, aerial presence and not a pushover in physical duels as Alli, Eriksen and Son often are.

I'd love to see us get this NDombele lad and see how he does. A wild card for me would be to try and lure Youri Tielemans away from Monaco. He's the sort of player I could see flourishing under Poch. And whatever happened to the Kondogbia links?

How about some names?

I think we should be looking at players who can mitigate playing situations on the pitch where we could do things better and thus enabling us to improve.

In MF if Dembele leaves the NDombele lad Matic mentioned and one of Shelvey or the young Phil Foden @ citeh, who whenever I see him he shows a wonderful appreciation in his head of what to do with the class to back it up.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lewis Cook from Bournemouth became a target depending on the situation with Winks. Getting Winks fit and playing way more is something I really hope to see this season because the lad has potential to be quite some player! He does a lot of the ugly stuff very well and has an excellent footballing brain.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lewis Cook from Bournemouth became a target depending on the situation with Winks. Getting Winks fit and playing way more is something I really hope to see this season because the lad has potential to be quite some player! He does a lot of the ugly stuff very well and has an excellent footballing brain.

I like him a tenacious little fecker who can pick out a pass. Players like that are always handy to have. Simple but effective.

The Ndombele rumours are back. That with the Wilmar Barrios rumours, it does seem we are looking at that strong athletic CM/DM type of player.

The Ndombele rumours are back. That with the Wilmar Barrios rumours, it does seem we are looking at that strong athletic CM/DM type of player.

For Wanyama, Dembele or Sissoko? That's the question I guess we're all waiting to find out the answer to.

Eriksen was asked and said he doesn't want to talk about the future.

If there is a Bale or Gomes for Eriksen deal in the works KILL the deal.

Eriksen was asked and said he doesn't want to talk about the future.

If there is a Bale or Gomes for Eriksen deal in the works KILL the deal.

No player will want to talk about anything other than the competition they are in now - I wouldn't read anything into his answer at all.

Our interest in Gomes has cooled and I doubt there ever will be a Bale deal. Barca are going to ramp up their interest in Eriksen though as their fans are cooing over him online in a big way.

To answer my own question, Kondogbia has made his loan with Valencia permanent now. I did read that Lyon have also made NDombele's move permanent too but I'm not sure how true that is.

Our interest in Gomes has cooled and I doubt there ever will be a Bale deal. Barca are going to ramp up their interest in Eriksen though as their fans are cooing over him online in a big way.

To answer my own question, Kondogbia has made his loan with Valencia permanent now. I did read that Lyon have also made NDombele's move permanent too but I'm not sure how true that is.

Not fussed about Gomes, wishy washy from what I have seen. Never thought we would get Kondogbia. Are we even interested in NDombele?

It really hasn't. But that doesn't mean it will happen, Barca are asking for an incredible fee for a player they want to discard.