Michael Appleton Signs New Contract! | Page 5 | Vital Football

Michael Appleton Signs New Contract!

Already some West Brom rag is saying that the contract means nothing really and the lure of West Broms financial clout and 'little Lincoln not being able to compete with those other Championship 'giants' may belong him into their arms!.
Or maybe his missus saying ' I'm settled here' will sway him!

I stand to be corrected but I believe that the payout MA received from the curtailment of his playing career means he isn't looking to secure his and his families long term security as much as DC was when Huddersfield came calling. That aspect is a bonus for us, accepting that clubs might offer him very silly money

My apologies if I am going over old ground, but I was just doing a little reading and came across this article on Michael. The reason I have posted it, is that I knew MA had a shortened career due to injury, but I hadn't realised that it was due to negligence on the part of his surgeon, or that it was so bad that he couldn't run on it or join in with 5-a-sides. It is easy to see why the man could be so driven as a result of the circumstances,

https://www.pressreader.com/

It is also easy to see why he is happy to get three different opinions on Jorge Grant's ankle before he sanctions any potential operation and why he comes across as particular about protecting players from coming back from injury too quickly.

Already some West Brom rag is saying that the contract means nothing really and the lure of West Broms financial clout and 'little Lincoln not being able to compete with those other Championship 'giants' may belong him into their arms!.
Or maybe his missus saying ' I'm settled here' will sway him!

There's a lot happening behind the scenes at our club at the moment as the current owner looks to sell. The people coming in the obvious choice as manager after Allerdyce would be Appleton. There are a couple of hirings that would have to happen first and thats linked with the Ipswich takeover. The Papers are jumping the gun here in a big way. However down the line if there was an approach I also wouldn't be too surprised by it. Allerdyce is in charge until he isn't it a moot point

Football Insider 2+2=5 though things are happening at my club fast. It's notable Lai put it on the Open Market. It also seems lai and chairman Li Piyue have had a falling out which means we maybe looking for a new chairman to over see the next takeover. That and it looking more and more likely Alladyce will will walk when relegatiion becomes certain as it was a short term contract anyway 6 months with a possible 12 month extension if we stayed up. The Next manager will have to rebuild the squad All the backroom staff hired recently are all alll connected to Appleton era west brom I Can see where Insider are coming from but until Sam goes who knows *shrugs*

Step forward Chris Wilder.

Can't see it he'll be on Gardening leave then looking for a job in the prem though he has now been found out after an admittedly great season last year. I worry about the money he spaffed we picked up Callum robinson for half the price, the very next window after they signed him This season has been a disaster for both our clubs but we spent a LOT less. Wilder spent close to £53m

Burton seems to suit him. He's got an excellent win record in both of his spells (albeit a short second one) but in between that was poor at QPR and Northampton).