Michael Appleton - New Job | Page 2 | Vital Football

Michael Appleton - New Job

Just what he wanted, and why not. Close to family and friends, nothing to lose in terms of expectation, reasonable fan base if they start winning, hands-on owner. Good luck MA, in a tough division sure you’ll have them boxing above their weight.

Blackpool is easily commutable from Manchester so that must be a big plus for him.
Worked in Blackpool for over a year. Absolutely loved the place although that probably says more about me at the time than Blackpool the place. One thing i do remember though is how quick the motorways are once you get the other side of the Manchster ring road.
I think moving up a division will suit MA. I suppose all managers would probably be the same but as a manager he seemed a lot happier working and developing the better players.

Will be interesting to see if he looks to take any of our players with him. Poole would seem a possible ? Maguire please!
Could Jorge Grant possibly end up there ? Wouldn't be surprised.

Fiorini is the obvious one. MA said a number of times that he had been getting calls about him from the Championship.

You can almost imagine it.

MA gets his mobile out and makes a call.

His desk phone rings : Hello this is the future Blackpool Manager. I am interested in Lewis Fiorini for next season.

MA: Yes so am I. I am sure something can be arranged. I'll have a word with Man City for you.

They don't seem very happy at all. Funny, after 20/21 I would have said he would make a bigger step up. After 21/22 I'm surprised he has got a Championship gig...

It's interesting that it sounds like he interviewed well, there were similar noises when he got the job here.

https://avftt.co.uk/index.php?threads/its-appleton.32721/
Strangely enough I don’t think I’ve ever heard of someone who interviewed badly getting a job!!

Strangely enough I don’t think I’ve ever heard of someone who interviewed badly getting a job!!

I think that's true, but it has been insinuated previously it might not be the most qualified hire or most recently successful but the interview process set him apart in terms of the way he talks about the game/model/current squad. Like, good at articulating a vision