Micah Richards | Page 4 | Vital Football

Micah Richards

I have offered to go and interview him. I have empathy with illness/injury obviously. I'm not a fan boy type of person (don't care who I meet, we are all the same) and it would, I was thinking, maybe be a bit less of a pr exercise if it was a fan interviewing him, as opposed to an official site type of article.

Would any of us in his position have ripped up the contract?

I think I probably would. Nothing goes on forever; the time comes to retire, which also means the opportunity to go off and do something else. Life's too short; I couldn't stand the idea of sitting around just picking up a pay cheque when I couldn't actually do what I was being payed for, when I could be out there trying something different.

Yep, agree with that point especially. It was only a month or 2 ago I found out from here that he was in fact injured all this time. I had no idea.

For all I knew, he was just sitting on his arse picking up his wages. I think these things should be nipped in the bud.
Yep, the only information we got from the club when Deano started was that he had been put on a special training regime to get him back to fitness. I took that to mean that he was over weight or unfit.

I will feed this back. Trouble is the club can't communicate unless the player is comfortable as well.

Seeing as Sunderland paid of Jack Rodwell I would hope we could facilitate the same offer to micah Richards.

If it hadn’t been for the fact that we couldn’t get him insured this would have happened much earlier.
I can’t believe we signed him knowing that.

Must admit, given the general consensus is Richards has done all he can to come back and earn his corn but its simply out of his hands - but he bears the brunt for owners/CEOs.

Why are God and Luke Nilis liked?

Silly Nilis got himself injured surely.

I thought he'd be a fantastic signing and I don't buy into the anti centre half outlooks either. Just didn't work out, it happens.

Would any of us in his position have ripped up the contract?

I think I probably would. Nothing goes on forever; the time comes to retire, which also means the opportunity to go off and do something else. Life's too short; I couldn't stand the idea of sitting around just picking up a pay cheque when I couldn't actually do what I was being payed for, when I could be out there trying something different.

I agree.

I don't know the details of Richards' situation but if Apple offered you a 3 year employment contract on mega bucks and then cancelled the project 6 months in, would you walk if you knew you would get half the money elsewhere?

In the end of the day, football clubs are a business just like Apple or Greggs.

The other thing is that paying him off would mean paying all of his wages up front. Unless he was willing to take a big discount or was particularly disruptive, I can't see the point in that.

How many other options do you think an injured defender would have to earn £50k - £60k (whatever he is on) a week?

I don't think you are being at all realistic.

I have sympathy for his injury, it must be hard as we saw with Andy Murray in a different sport.

I’d love to read a story about a crocked footballer mentoring the youth team or young lads. If Richards is taking home his £35k (and I can’t blame him on a personal level) id like him to be doing something constructive. I’m sure there are loads of young lads in their teens who Richards could take under his wing and keep on the straight and narrow.

I’m not saying he’s not doing this, but sometimes the odd story about the good guys in football comes out. The likes of Jack Rodwell just end up with a tarnished reputation.

I see he has landed a well paid job presenting on MOTD. This bloke must have trod in some dog shyte throughout his life so far.