Micah Richards | Page 3 | Vital Football

Micah Richards

My understanding is it won't help with FFP unless it's a reduced package which I very much doubt. So logically thinking it's the worst thing to do because there's always a chance you can sell or loan in the meantime. However in Richards case that seems very unlikely so may as well get shot.

JF I'm as sure as snow is white that before he left man city it was well known that his knees were an issue.

Even sure three was a paper article about it as he was seen in a night club while injured .

Yup, hence I guess, no insurance.

It's mad isn't it? Young rich guy in nightclub shocker! I do wonder what the press think they are meant to do, sit at home crying?!

Unfortunately KK I think there's a lot more crap to be cleaned up yet but hopefully these guys will do it.

I know gator! Dr X is still here too though thank goodness not in charge anymore

Your right that there is more to be done and work behind the scenes. I think that's the last of the players to go with those 2. I don't class Kodjjak in that though as he has been injured and I don't think he is trouble

Can’t imagine McCormack will be paid off

It will cost the club too much in FFP. If we ripped up his contract then the “net book value” of his contract (currently £6m based on initial transfer of £12m, 2/4 years completed on contract) will be written off resulting in a substantial hit on the FFP.. in addition to whatever his contract pay off would be

Richards can be gotten rid of though, especially if it extinguishes his rights to any potential promotion bonuses

Think we could get dispensation from the FL as we were trying to deal with FFP by writing it off as an exceptional one off payment. Next financial years costs would be significantly reduced - take the hit this year, benefit moving forward

Think it would take an expert on FFP to know whether a Micah payoff would count re FFP. There may be a difference between paying a player to play and paying a non-playing player to leave.

I like it though, no point having McCormack stinking up the place. Like the new owners, they are taking decisive action

Apparently he is going to retire from football at the end of the season when his contract is up. What a criminal waste of money! But then if I was in his position I would have done the same. I am a mercenary bugger.

Whilst I bear him no personal malice, he is the prime example of why we find our great club floundering in the middle of the second tier. IMO, not until we are completely rid of the overpaid, the useless and the chancers will we begin to rise again.

Aston Villa Retirement Home and Benevolent Fund: the equivalent of winning the lottery for the injured, the past it, the overrated and the never gonna make it.

Those employed as leaders and managers over the past ten years should be put in the stocks every game, for half time entertainment, until the club is back where it should be.:arrghh::punch:

We gave a 60k a week, 4 year contract to an injury prone right back and agreed to his demands that we play him at centre back. No wonder we are where we are. The only tiny saving grace is that whichever fool was negotiating these deals had some tiny foresight to put in the relegation clause.

Not sure why people are being so harsh against him ALTHOUGH my mate did say on Saturday at Villa if the Club/player don't talk/explain then supposition and rumour takes over.

The guy has had a career ending injury. Every time he tried to fight back, it flaired up. Knees are notoriously difficult injuries to mend.

This is not, I'm reliably informed, the way he wanted his career to end and it's not been easy to come to terms with.

Yes, he gets good money, I wish I had that for all the years I was unable to move off the floor due to my health issues, it would have helped one side of the stress immeasurably no doubt, but it wouldn't have taken away the fact I wasn't able to do what I wanted.

Anyone who thinks he should have ripped up his contract I think is in cloud cuckoo land.

Would you?

Really?

Collins is different, end of his career, signed a deal after we'd treated him well letting him train etc, went outside and straight away picked up an injury.

Is it Micah's fault if the club didn't have insurance? With that said, one person I read said it would be the insurance paying his wages anyway.

This isn't how Micah wanted his career to end.

Yeah Mr Fear, very easy to become a Daily Mail reading keyboard warrior where black is white and white is white as well. We just don't know the inside track on the individuals. Did N'Zog's heart condition prevent him from reaching his potential, was Flabby just in a state of depression, even McCormack has issues if he is drinking heavily.

It all boils down to human frailties that we are all subject to. These are not Gods of Olympus immune from pestilence and disease yet we build them up in our minds and then criticise at will when they don't live up to our ideals - and in reality our justification is that they earn good money. The real villain of the piece is invariably the manager who didn't scout properly, the finance man who gave out the ridiculous contract, the club for failing to deal with the issues correctly.

Yeah Mr Fear, very easy to become a Daily Mail reading keyboard warrior where black is white and white is white as well. We just don't know the inside track on the individuals. Did N'Zog's heart condition prevent him from reaching his potential, was Flabby just in a state of depression, even McCormack has issues if he is drinking heavily.

It all boils down to human frailties that we are all subject to. These are not Gods of Olympus immune from pestilence and disease yet we build them up in our minds and then criticise at will when they don't live up to our ideals - and in reality our justification is that they earn good money. The real villain of the piece is invariably the manager who didn't scout properly, the finance man who gave out the ridiculous contract, the club for failing to deal with the issues correctly.
Would agree - Micah never wanted to be injured and have his career cut short. At least in these days of Sky money, he can have a comfortable life after the game. He might do some punditry but won't end up driving a taxi like another Villa player who's career ended prematurely - the great Alex Cropley.

Not sure why people are being so harsh against him ALTHOUGH my mate did say on Saturday at Villa if the Club/player don't talk/explain then supposition and rumour takes over.

Yep, agree with that point especially. It was only a month or 2 ago I found out from here that he was in fact injured all this time. I had no idea.

For all I knew, he was just sitting on his arse picking up his wages. I think these things should be nipped in the bud.