Micah Richards | Page 2 | Vital Football

Micah Richards

Never should have signed him, he failed at getting a start Florentina even when they played a back 3!! I said he was finished before he even started here. Signing him was like some mug team going out and signing Gabby now.
I couldn't care less if he was good in the dressing room, because milking the club for millions whilst not playing just encourages others to do the same. We've had our share of tossers running their contract down recently Insomnia, Gabby Harewood and fat mac. At least Micah is doing the right thing at last.

Mccormacks attitude I can't talk much about save his disgraceful appearance in the league Cup last season but in hindsight I'm not overly shocked he's done poorly for us.

Both at Leeds and Fulham he was the main man and the whole team was set up just to serve him. Leeds never got near the play offs in his time there, neither did Fulham. We bought him just assuming he'd score loads not apparently looking at how he'd scored them, similar to Hogan.

Every player we scout needs to be looked at and have us think not only "are they any good" but "will they fit into the way we want to play" Hogan is a prime example. Short, quick bloke who feeds off through balls and cut backs signed for a fortune and stuck up front into a team that mostly plays long balls to an isolated striker. Fine perhaps when it's Kodjia who is more than willing and able to go it alone but for Hogan it's never going to work. Deviated slightly here so on Richards, pay him off and hopefully he can either get the treatment he needs and perhaps play in a less intense league.

I'm afraid Richards will never play again.
Just like Ledley King he will be given the choice of playing a game of football, or continuing to walk.

Every player we scout needs to be looked at and have us think not only "are they any good" but "will they fit into the way we want to play" Hogan is a prime example. Short, quick bloke who feeds off through balls and cut backs signed for a fortune and stuck up front into a team that mostly plays long balls to an isolated striker. Fine perhaps when it's Kodjia who is more than willing and able to go it alone but for Hogan it's never going to work. Deviated slightly here so on Richards, pay him off and hopefully he can either get the treatment he needs and perhaps play in a less intense league.

Maybe Hogan needs to be given more of a chance now we have McGinn and Jack in the team? Could be just what he needs.

JF - I agree with what you say about Micah Richards and you just never know what life will throw at you. Cancer at 47 and lost a kidney to cure it. Ended up becoming epileptic and almost losing a leg due to a DVT. This I can cope with and I know that you have similar health issues too.

McCormack is a different story I'm afraid and I despise the man for what he has done. Since 2004 when my problems started, other than two lengthy periods as a hospital in patient, I have lost zero days from work in absence. There are days when I feel like just laying down and taking a 'sickie', but I have never have. You have to work through it and get on with life. McCormack is not injured and if his problem is overweight, then diet. If his problem is that he can't get on with the manager, then work hard and prove a point - just look at Hutton as an example. He is paid very well for what he does and it is not as if he is digging coal for a living. What you have to do is work for your wages and he is not doing that. In any other business other than football, he would have been taken through the capability process and sacked.

I do wish Micah the best for the future. McCormack will rock up at some other club on a free transfer and will miraculously become a goal scorer again - just hope it is not another Championship club.

Rant over!!

Yeah, completely agree mate. You know the value of health having been through such things. I couldn't work for years, I hated every minute of it, I would imagine if anyone had shouted abuse in my direction at that time things could have got messy!

But with Ross, if he's pissing away his career, no sympathy at all, just a vile excuse for a human being. Think what most people would do to be in his position. I kept thinking he should just be used, but the whispers about him are becoming roars. What a tit.

Well fair enough J if that's true why can't we cash in the insurance.

I have on clue and no ITK on this but when we bought him, didn't he already have a bad knee or some sort of injury history? If so, maybe the insurance had exclusions!

If only we’d paid up his contract 2 years ago instead of buying Tshibola we’d be in a much better situation all round

McCormack is a strange one, has a great record in the championship can’t believe he went shit overnight and suddenly gained a shit attitude for no reason

He's always had a shit attitude, plenty of stories started coming out from Fulham not long after his fallout with Bruce and a Leeds fan I used to work with reckons he was a piss head when he was there. Just a lack of digging into his background from our end

I have on clue and no ITK on this but when we bought him, didn't he already have a bad knee or some sort of injury history? If so, maybe the insurance had exclusions!

JF I'm as sure as snow is white that before he left man city it was well known that his knees were an issue.

Even sure three was a paper article about it as he was seen in a night club while injured .

Yes I have seen that about Richards and McWaste being releaed.I hope to God it's true. If it is that is the last of the toxic poison cleared out of Villa Park.

What wastes of money we have bought over the years. Thank goodness we now have owners clearing up the last of the mess

I'll be glad to have it confirmed they are gone. It will then feel like the last of the clean up has finally been finished

Oh right can't remember now tbh but if so another wise decision by whoever gave the nod.

Flog em both to the Milwaukee Bucks for 15m each. Nowt in tge rule book they have to be sold to a football club !. They can pick up the litter

Yes I have seen that about Richards and McWaste being releaed.I hope to God it's true. If it is that is the last of the toxic poison cleared out of Villa Park.

What wastes of money we have bought over the years. Thank goodness we now have owners clearing up the last of the mess

I'll be glad to have it confirmed they are gone. It will then feel like the last of the clean up has finally been finished
Unfortunately KK I think there's a lot more crap to be cleaned up yet but hopefully these guys will do it.

Some very wise decisions being made atm
Lets hope so Stu it was blatantly obvious what Lerner was doing wrong hiring pratts like Fox but with Dr Who he seemed to be doing the right things when he came in but most of his guys have gone now for one reason or other. But with these guys it does feel different and one things for sure lack of funds should never be a problem again which is easily visible unlike the last clown.

did man utd try and get rid of GOD by trying to make him retire due to knees . may be wrong but im sure that was the story at the time .but if it is a possibility to retire a player for a long term injury then why has it taken this long to do so , im sure he is insured for this so they need to sort it out

did man utd try and get rid of GOD by trying to make him retire due to knees . may be wrong but im sure that was the story at the time .but if it is a possibility to retire a player for a long term injury then why has it taken this long to do so , im sure he is insured for this so they need to sort it out
I'm pretty sure that avenue will have been explored

So if mcbigmack has a contract worth 2m a year and so does Richards that makes 6m pay off in simple terms. The lad from Bristol City was costing 6m, I don't know a villa fan who wouldn't applaud that money paying off the last two leaches and seeing it as sound investment.

Would releasing these two help with our FFP situation?
it would as long as they didnt get others in on the same wage but i think the money spent to buy ross would still count as its money that they have spent . its not like taking a pair of shoes back cuz they dont fit and the money gets put back on your debit card lol

No, I know that, but when you run a business there are ways of accounting for expenses in different ways. For instance we may be paying them a lump sum to go, but we will then not be paying ongoing wages.This may help.