Micah Richards On Villa | Vital Football

Micah Richards On Villa

Wasn't really sure where to post. But thought it may be of interest to some.

I really can’t stand Sutton, but that’s interesting to hear from Micah, he talks well and no disrespect to footballers but he’s a smart guy in a footballing sense. Two sides to every story and as above, sounds like the shambles off the pitch meant that the club let the players down a bit.

I have more sympathy for him after hearing what he’s said since - I thought he turned out to be a poor signing for us on the pitch, I remember a game against Luton where he was terrible which stood out for me against lower league opposition. But he was apparently good for the younger players and he talks sense.

On his Maddison versus Jack point, he’s spot on about set pieces. Jack needs to work on these so that he can get his goal or assist tally up even more. Maddison puts in a world class corner, no reason jack can’t work on this area of his game and be as good as Maddison. Also means we don’t rely on Hourihane to be on the pitch to make us dangerous from pieces.

Move to its own thread, would be lost in the match thread and not really owt to do with Man City.

Good find that.

I offered to go and interview him while he was still at the club, whether he was ever properly asked or not, I have no idea. Thought it would have been interesting from a fan who has experience of the mental side of injury (or in my case, ops and brain aches) as I understand the flipside and didn't get the abuse some threw his way at all.

That is junk what he says about Delph. Delph had signed a new deal, so he must have been happy with the money/terms offered. He clearly said at the time he owed Randy/the club not to leave on a free. Not that he owed to stay (and yes, I know all the press stuff on him and his quotes when he did sign)

Oh so not going to take any blame himself insisting he played CB but played like he was at RB where we needed him, that was a massive factor in our relegation. Sorry but fuck off Micha.

That is junk what he says about Delph. Delph had signed a new deal, so he must have been happy with the money/terms offered. He clearly said at the time he owed Randy/the club not to leave on a free. Not that he owed to stay (and yes, I know all the press stuff on him and his quotes when he did sign)

Yes . I thought that was at odds with what happened with Delph.

Still . Everything was a shambles at the time.

And not sure what protection the players who took us down deserved?
I don't think I've even heard him take responsibility once, he was captain too ffs. Also shouldn't he have done this interview while he was at the club, you know when it actually mattered, could have blown the whistle but was happy taking our wages, have zero respect for this clown.

Trouble is, you wouldn't stop taking those wages really and you can't speak out whilst employed, none of us can, you get sacked!

I would get it if he was talking about the lack of support, with the mental struggles, of seeing your career come to an end through injury. That was the slant of the interview I wanted to do.

Blaming the club for letting Delph go yet Delph was the one insisting on the 8m release clause in his new contract. If he didn't want to go why insist on such a low fee when we Could have got 4 times that for him without it. Sticking up for his mate is noble but don't bullshit me Micah.

No time for him. Always talked about his days at Man C as though Villa was slumming it. The reverse of JT. As captain he had remarkably little influence in our remarkable collapse into relegation. He milked it with us, now he's milking it in the media, again about us. Don't sense any connection with the club as such.

Delph I have sympathy for. I think his first change of heart was genuine; he had affection for the club. Then realised it was a mistake and changed again. Unfortunate the way it happened; he shouldn't have had the first change of heart but can see why he did.

Not really interested in any post rationalisation that Micah comes up with at this point. He was plain dog shite when he actually had a Villa shirt on, and no use to man nor beast without one, and never going to return but kept on till his contract ran out even though his chances of returning were zero.

Makes me spit when I hear up on the BBC sharing his great wisdom on football as a pundit. How the fuck would he know anything about it.