Message from VB | Vital Football

Message from VB

SaskPool

Vital Football Legend
A New Year Message from Valeri Belokon:
Dear Blackpool fans,
In this dark but wonderful time of the year I would like to send you good thoughts and wishes.
Yes, our Club is going through perhaps the darkest times in its history. It is very sad and frustrating to see that it takes so long. Another year has passed yet there seems to be no progress.
I have been criticised because of the slow progress that is being made. I share your concerns and take the criticism. I feel the frustration together with you. Unfortunately, the path that we have been forced to take is long, harmful and dividing the fans. Nevertheless, I strongly believe that this is the only path that we can follow given the current circumstances. The progress is slow but it is inevitable. I strongly believe that we will see changes next year.
Today the only person who can make quicker progress is Owen. The fastest way towards a solution is for Owen to settle the Judgement debt and facilitate the changes. Any other proposals, speculations or alternative scenarios would make it lengthier, require extensive due diligence and draw the process out well into 2019. If Owen really wants to help the Club, he needs to pay the debts and allow changes to happen. Unfortunately, the level of trust between us is at its historical lowest point.
I have said before and maintain my position that I would seriously consider my involvement in Blackpool only when the legal dispute with Owen is settled. I would only do it together with a strong local partner. I know that there are serious and honorable businessmen who are thinking about Blackpool FC. At the moment it is too early to discuss my involvement as no agreement has been reached.
Once the legal dispute is settled, I will discuss my future work in Blackpool FC with investors and I will solve the EFL issue.
Every crisis is an opportunity. Every difficult situation needs a different solution to overcome it. This crisis has led to a creation of Blackpool Supporters Trust - a strong and reputable organisation with not only local but I would say also a national agenda. Owners can come and go but Blackpool fans will always stay. I would encourage you to stay united, strong and fair. And when the changes come you will come out of this crisis stronger and more confident. Please remain united!
The Club is more than 130 years old now. It has experienced several owners. We have to give credit to Owen Oyston for what he has done for the Club in the past. But sooner or later if you step in the way of progress you need to understand it and allow changes to happen.
Perhaps Owen now needs to realize that the referendum on the subject 'Owen Exit' has already happened. Perhaps it is time for Owen to allow changes to happen.
I wish you all a Happy New Year!
Valeri Belokon

Last edited:
This is great news and surely puts to rest all the negative posts from so many doubters.
This statement should give us all a mighty boost. ???

Read his last years statement again:
"Dear Blackpool FC supporters! "We appreciate your enthusiasm and love in supporting the Blackpool Football Club. "Thank you for your efforts and endeavours to make BFC great again! "May the new year be filled with memories you will always cherish"

I hope I'm wrong but until he dies OO will do anything and everything retain the club and his death us the only thing that will speed up the removal of the O's.

I’m not going to go into why... but unless it means Owen dying in the next few months, it’s impossible legally for him to hang on...

I have read the letter several times now and I must admit I don't share the optimism expressed by Whitey.
I find many of VB's statement extremely passive or, as we say colloquially on this side of the pond, he's 'fixin' to do something, but not much seems to be happening. I know, I know, there is lots of information that we are not privy to, but his letter is not a confidence booster for me.
"Another year has passed yet there seems to be no progress." I'd feel more confident that, if there has been any progress, he would tell us what it is.
"The progress is slow but it is inevitable. I strongly believe that we will see changes next year." To be honest, I'm not much interested in what VB believes. I'm more interested in what he knows.
"Today the only person who can make quicker progress is Owen.' This is disheartening if it is true. Many understood that VB held all the cards. Perhaps not.
"I would seriously consider my involvement in Blackpool only when the legal dispute with Owen is settled. I would only do it together with a strong local partner. " I would feel warmer f he had said that he is committed to the club and he already has lined up several suitable local partners to help him take over the club. He doesn't sound committed to me.
"Once the legal dispute is settled, ........ I will solve the EFL issue." Why not clear this up now and get it out of the way? It doesn't commit him in any way to buying the club, does it?
"I would encourage you to stay united, strong and fair. And when the changes come you will come out of this crisis stronger and more confident. Please remain united!" Nobody believes that Blackpool fans are united - nobody. At best, there are varying degrees of two opposing camps.
As I say, I'm not excited about what VB has written but, like everyone else, the sooner this is over, the better.
But for now, I'm from Missouri

This Saga is like the MAgic Roundabout it keeps going round and round

Time it reached a conclusion and we got back to some form of normalcy

Sask, remember ‘It is always darkest before the dawn’...
Keep the faith my Colonial friend. I am hoping to meet up with you again at Bloomfield Road in the not too distant future.

Nothing will happen snytime soon snd his statement confirms that he doesn't want to buy the club.
Unsure how this is "great news"

I agree wholeheartedly with that statement, the funding of Adam was the turning point for the club, but back to my original question how is this years statement great news?
I just don't see it, or anything different in this years' statement compared to last years and add to that the rulings that he hasn't enforced if anything fans like me are of the opinion take what's owed and then we can all move on.
I would have liked nothing more than a VB / Pilley partnership however I'm now resigned to it not happening, and at a loss why VB hasn't enforced the rulings.

The statement really confirms what he has said before - O must settle the debt first, after which he will consider his interest and only with a local partner. And that the legal processes are slow, particularly with Os prevarication.
The new snippets are that he does expect regime change at some stage in 2019, although he could have been more assertive that he was going to force the speed of that change, rather than let O dictate the pace. He also mentions addressing the EFL issue, which shows some continued interest. I happen to think the EFL won't act on that until they are forced to with ownership change.
I see it as a mildly positive statement but not particularly revealing. However, actions speak much louder than words, so he just needs to press the accelerator now, rather than leave it to O. I am assuming that was what LiverpoolSeasider is referring to?

Last edited:
I agree wholeheartedly with that statement, the funding of Adam was the turning point for the club, but back to my original question how is this years statement great news?
I just don't see it, or anything different in this years' statement compared to last years and add to that the rulings that he hasn't enforced if anything fans like me are of the opinion take what's owed and then we can all move on.
I would have liked nothing more than a VB / Pilley partnership however I'm now resigned to it not happening, and at a loss why VB hasn't enforced the rulings.
We really have to be patient and trust that VB has got it all in hand and don’t forget that Oyston is not in control of his assets...His days are well and truly numbered...

None of us a multi millionaires. I assume one of us would of bought the club by now if we were. So we can only speak from the level we are ( if that makes sense ) But i honestly believe VB has more than enough dough to buy the club on his own. He doesnt want to I can understand that,but why cant he do a deal where he gets the club and a cash balance if thats required and get the O's out of the way. Then just sell off the shares in the amount he wants to shift. would £25m hurt his pocket that much? if it didnt work out and he was up front from day one who would be upset if he moved us to a park somewhere and handed over the keys and he developed Bloomers. If theres 10's of thousands of fans waiting to come back in surely it cant fail.

"If theres 10's of thousands of fans waiting to come back in surely it cant fail".

I don't think so suffolk. Thousands maybe - not 10s of thousands