Merson claims Dele has his Mojo back.. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Merson claims Dele has his Mojo back..

Again , it depends on the interpretation of what Mojo means. Which I described as energy, confidence or enthusiasm ( the accepted meaning). It doesn't necessarily mean performing at a top level. It means having the right mindset to do so I guess.

So to be clear, he's got his energy back, just he's really shit in 85% of our matches?

Again , it depends on the interpretation of what Mojo means. Which I described as energy, confidence or enthusiasm ( the accepted meaning). It doesn't necessarily mean performing at a top level. It means having the right mindset to do so I guess.

To Merson it means he's performing again, he's seen that he's playing every game and he played a good ball to Kane the other night and scored a penalty and he's just assumed he's playing well again.

So to be clear, he's got his energy back, just he's really shit in 85% of our matches?
I would say he has pretty good energy and stamina and good enthusiasm which he may not have had under Jose. His confidence may be on the up also. I think his performances are improving but I am looking for more from him. That pass for Kane is what I expect, also getting into goal scoring positions and converting which isn't happening enough yet.
It is possible he may never reach the heights of his previous performances, I would say he is moving in the right direction.

I would say he has pretty good energy and stamina and good enthusiasm which he may not have had under Jose. His confidence may be on the up also. I think his performances are improving but I am looking for more from him. That pass for Kane is what I expect, also getting into goal scoring positions and converting which isn't happening enough yet.
It is possible he may never reach the heights of his previous performances, I would say he is moving in the right direction.

I would love for you to be right.

I think he should never, ever play CM in a white shirt again. Put him behind the striker, give him a chance of doing well and reducing his chance of fucking up the team.

To Merson it means he's performing again, he's seen that he's playing every game and he played a good ball to Kane the other night and scored a penalty and he's just assumed he's playing well again.
Quite possibly but the discussion I hope has broadened out into assessing whether or not Dele has the right mindset. It's not about Merson I hope.

Coming back from playing almost no football, plus long-term injuries can take time - just ask Hazard or Coutinho, add in numerous unnamed players who also take time to get back to their best.

Before his fall out with Jose the spiv, he'd suffered 4 long-term soft tissue injuries from (in my view) being overplayed. yet Poch still kept playing him.

Context is everything; last two games; won us the 3 pts, and made a brilliant assist, should have had two other assists and a goal.

So as I said, too early to claim his 'mojo' is back, but at least he is heading in the right direction in his new role.

When he gets back to his best (as I hope he does in the next 10 games or so - or doesn't then we can all agree on his contribution and value) then we can have a debate about what he's worth...

Until then, common-sense rules.

The same way it did and still does for Dier, Sanchez and N'dombele.

I would love for you to be right.

I think he should never, ever play CM in a white shirt again. Put him behind the striker, give him a chance of doing well and reducing his chance of fucking up the team.

I did ask who should play number 8 and who shouldn't play number 10. Nuno possibly has more of a problem at number 8. Unless we have someone better Dele might be Nunos best option. Its about what's best for the team.

I did ask who should play number 8 and who shouldn't play number 10. Nuno possibly has more of a problem at number 8. Unless we have someone better Dele might be Nunos best option. Its about what's best for the team.

For the first 35 mins against the chav's we looked pretty well balanced, against the best team in Europe - the huge disappointment must be how we didn't tactically change to deal with Kante, and then when we went behind we simply handed them the midfield - that's the biggest issue Nuno has to figure out.

Before that, aside from the self-inflicted disaster which was Palace, we've looked very solid.

It's Rich's raison d'etre lately, but he's entitled to his opinion, even if as I believe he'll slowly but surely be proved to have been wrong! LOL!

He’s been proving me consistently right for over three years without fail. Lol! To still be at a status of averageness for that length of time in what is; a short career; emphasises the plethora of weaknesses in his game.

He’s been proving me consistently right for over three years without fail. Lol! To still be at a status of averageness for that length of time in what is; a short career; emphasises the plethora of weaknesses in his game.

And you still can't or won't accept that the first of those years he had 4 serious soft tissue injuries and kept playing, the second the whole team went into reverse as funnily enough he was still trying to play and recover and last year we had a numpty in charge who could only stretch his imagination to playing entirely defensive football, and then not playing him.

He then committed himself to a close season of attempting to get fit (although match fitness only comes with playing games).

He's admitted he's not at his best - yet, but already he's helped us win 4 games and looks to be improving.

Context is everything, without it, it's just a shallow opinion without substance.

Look back at what he achieved for us before that and tell me you don't want that goal-scoring, assist player back again?

If you do, a little patience can go an awful long way. Personally, as I have said many times, he gets mine until this season is over.

At his best, he was valued at between £80-100 mill

You don't turn your back and walk away from that until you are forced to - and we're nowhere near that yet.

Coming back from playing almost no football, plus long-term injuries can take time - just ask Hazard or Coutinho, add in numerous unnamed players who also take time to get back to their best.

Before his fall out with Jose the spiv, he'd suffered 4 long-term soft tissue injuries from (in my view) being overplayed. yet Poch still kept playing him.

Context is everything; last two games; won us the 3 pts, and made a brilliant assist, should have had two other assists and a goal.

So as I said, too early to claim his 'mojo' is back, but at least he is heading in the right direction in his new role.

When he gets back to his best (as I hope he does in the next 10 games or so - or doesn't then we can all agree on his contribution and value) then we can have a debate about what he's worth...

Until then, common-sense rules.

The same way it did and still does for Dier, Sanchez and N'dombele.

Sounds like a load of excuses.

He's been crap for us for longer than he was good for us.

He should never, ever play in the centre of our midfield again.