Merry Christmas | Page 2 | Vital Football

Merry Christmas

Happy winter solstice to you all :51:

I think it is widely accepted that this is not and never was the birthday of the man called Jesus, the church stole most if not all of their holidays from earlier belief systems.

Our pagan history goes back much further, it IS ours, it wasn't a construct by a manufactured religion used to help control the population.

I have read of believers and non believers, and someone even said they had no faith, I also have no faith in a false idol, but I do have faith in the good of humanity.

It doesn't matter if you believe or not, what does matter are your thoughts and actions, there is so much good and so many charitable actions at this time of year, it raises the spirit, but just remember, a good heart is not just for Christmas, others need a friend and some help all year round, make a difference if you can.

I shall finish by sharing the words and ideals of some true prophets

"Be excellent to each other. And... PARTY ON, DUDES!"

Merry christmas to all, today is about what it should be for us and our kids, buying as many presents and eating and drinking too much its all about the latest toys now thats what the tru meaning of christmas is about not this old fashioned story stuff :17:

ClivetheVillan - 25/12/2013 17:13

Merry christmas to all, today is about what it should be for us and our kids, buying as many presents and eating and drinking too much its all about the latest toys now thats what the tru meaning of christmas is about not this old fashioned story stuff :17:

Hairy danglies to you Sir! :22:

Juan Mourep - 25/12/2013 17:34

ClivetheVillan - 25/12/2013 17:13

Hairy danglies to you Sir! :22:
:19: Well thanks kinda its the thought that counts i suppose so hairy danglies from you to me thanks :7:

Lol. Well said Juan.

Went out for Christmas lunch, one family of four sat by us, the daughter, about 18 or maybe a bit older, didn't once put her iPhone down. I'd have thrown it out the window if I was her dad. Then some kids the other side heads down games in hand.

What ever happened to families talking to each other? Another twenty years and I bet no one talks at all, they'll all sit with iPads messengering each other!

Terrible!

Juan Mourep - 25/12/2013 17:06

Happy winter solstice to you all :51:

I think it is widely accepted that this is not and never was the birthday of the man called Jesus, the church stole most if not all of their holidays from earlier belief systems.

Our pagan history goes back much further, it IS ours, it wasn't a construct by a manufactured religion used to help control the population.

I have read of believers and non believers, and someone even said they had no faith, I also have no faith in a false idol, but I do have faith in the good of humanity.

It doesn't matter if you believe or not, what does matter are your thoughts and actions, there is so much good and so many charitable actions at this time of year, it raises the spirit, but just remember, a good heart is not just for Christmas, others need a friend and some help all year round, make a difference if you can.

I think the majority of Christians acknowledge that Jesus birthday wasn't at this time. We are aware alot was taken from pagan beliefs as well as such like the Christmas tree is a fairly knew tradition too from Queen Victoria time I believe.

We acknowledge that the celebration of Christmas was put up against Pagan faith for a purpose, however that does not mean we don't have a right to celebrate our faith at this time as this is the time it was set for.

Apart from anything else to get the so called pretty depicted scene in the stable would have taken months for the wise men and shepherds to travel from. The scene of the stable certainly wouldn't have looked like it.

Christianity was NOT built to control the masses. Men have used from every walk of life various ways to control the masses. The core of our faith is NOT about control..

Juan Mourep - 25/12/2013 17:06

Nicely put. This is the right philosophy, whether through a title, religion, or just goodwill or as you say, faith in humanity.

I do so love the philosophy of 'pay it forward' .. A ripple effect of doing good, influencing others to do the same, ie paying it forward.

I'm sure plenty in organised religion do, plenty of us outside of it also.

Peace out!!

kefkat - 25/12/2013 22:29

the Christmas tree is a fairly knew tradition too from Queen Victoria time I believe.

Most think the same, but it's actually pre Christian.

We acknowledge that the celebration of Christmas was put up against Pagan faith for a purpose, however that does not mean we don't have a right to celebrate our faith at this time as this is the time it was set for.

You can celebrate what you want, when you want, but personally I believe in celebrating my birthday on my actual birthday.

Christianity was NOT built to control the masses. Men have used from every walk of life various ways to control the masses. The core of our faith is NOT about control..

Yes it was and yes it is, there is documented evidence to this fact, I will dig it out later when I have more time.

To get the ball rolling though, your religion gives you a set of commandments, how can that be construed to be anything other than control?

As previously stated in many religious threads, there is insurmountable evidence that the bible is a rehash of stories from older religions, this is just a fact, Christianity is a construct and if I recall correctly it was a Roman one, but I will re post all the evidence again later.

I don't understand why people fight this, as our computers go out of date and become obsolete, we update them, the latest knowledge, the most up to date everything is what most crave, so as we gain more knowledge, as we find more evidence, we should update our thoughts, shouldn't we?

A question just for you kefkat, if you were to accept the fact that your religion is built on lies and that you had spent (not wasted) your time worshipping a false idol, would that change you? Would you dismiss all the good people you have met through your faith? Would it make you any less a good person? Would it make the strength you have had from your faith in those dark times any less valid? Do you think you could have coped without it?

Great news, the last member of the family left today, the tree has been undecorated and is back in the cupboard until 23rd Dec next year. I can declare Christmas is officially over. :8: :4: :126: