Mensah recalled | Page 2 | Vital Football

Mensah recalled

Sorry to see him go to be honest, but not surprised. I was hoping he would turn out similar to Pett, ie; mediocre start and then suddenly come to life. Unfortunately he never really got enough game time to prove to the fans what he can do, but I guess that's the problem with trying to have cover across the board. A lot of respect to the guy for posting his goodbye message and good luck to him

It wasn’t.

I believe it was MK Dons at home.

He was terrible at Accrington.

It was at Accrington, whether terrible or not, he DID set up first goal:
Excerpt from Accrington match report:

The Imps lost their grip on the Checkatrade Trophy after a tremendous game at the Wham Stadium, packed with goals and much more for the supporters in the ground at both ends of the pitch but it ended in a 4-2 win for Accrington on penalties.
City had taken the lead through Matt Green’s early strike but Stanley drew level within a minute courtesy of Scott Brown. Jamie McCombe came off the bench to put The Imps back ahead but Jordan Clark equalised and forced the game into a penalty shoot out. ‘Keeper Johnny Maxted was the match winner for Stanley saving two penalties in the shoot out to see the League One side through to round three.
City had to make a late change as Jordan Adebayo-Smith came in for James Wilson picked up a knock in the warmup, giving a first start for the academy youngster. The Imps were backed by over 150 supporters who had made the trip to the Wham Stadium as the game got underway under the floodlights on what was a cold December evening.
Ellis Chapman featured heavily on the ball for The Imps in the opening exchanges, first he was close to setting Matt Green away down the left but then he started the move which brought the opening goal. Chapman played a measured pass out to the left flank to Bernard Mensah, he took a touch before looking up and delivering a low skidding cross over the turf which was missed by Ben Richards-Everton and GREEN tucked the ball away, his third goal in the competition.

Well done for tracking that down fella.

Did he do anything else that night?