Memorable Moment. | Vital Football

Memorable Moment.

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Last season held a lot of fantastic memories for Poolies: the Armstrong goal in Bristol, the winning penalty save, the bus parade etc. No doubt folks all have their favourite so I thought I would describe mine. Anyone else feel free to contribute. My moment was the Oates goal in the Stockport semi final. There was so much tension and many people felt that County would be too strong, 18 games unbeaten etc. Oates's shot beautifully placed just out of reach of the keeper going in off the inside of the post and rolling slowly along the back of the net to total silence in Edgeley Park. There was not long to go and that was the moment I really started to believe. It was an accomplished strike from one of the best strikers we have ever had at Pools: Pools strikers dont score goals like that, it is more usual to see opposing forwards doing that us at the Vic (so many painful memories).

There were some brilliant goals to be sure but for me the most memorable moment must be Brad James saving that last penalty.