Memorable games | Vital Football

Memorable games

Was there in the scoreboard as per usual. The Luton 4-0 and the Kenny Wharton sit on the ball game. Was one of the best games for a laugh and Gazza the best for taking the piss but the second half was more like a friendly as Luton pretty much gave up and couldn't take what they were being dished up.

The real reason was that Luton beat us 4-0 at their place and this was pay back but the likes of Steve Foster for them couldnt take it.

Kenny - sit on the ball! Kenny, Kenny - sit on the ball!!!

Yeah this was payback for Luton’s antics on their plakka pitch (and away fan ban?) earlier that season. Same score line I’m fairly sure.

They could dish it but couldn’t take it. Foster - lol! Trying to catch Kenny Wharton at full time but Kenny was already off like a whippet! Hahaha Happy Days!!

I was 9, was in the East stand with my cousins who'd come up from London. They knew Les Sealey and met him before the game, he took me into the dressing room and got me programme signed. Of course I made my allegiance quite clear ;). Got a pair of his gloves which i I must've worn every day for the next year haha, he probably should've kept them after letting in four.

I think the most memorable game for me was one I attended with Finn. The game itself was absolutely shite but the way Mackems collapsed to their seats in slo-mo as James Milner scored the equaliser will be a memory I always remember fondly. The shot took what seemed like an eternity to hit the back of the net and I remember the crowd bursting into laughter at the Mackems, who moments earlier had been giving it the biggun'. Fucking wankers that they are.

A shit memory and getting too pissed before most games doesn't afford me that many memories - The Trelford Mills cup game is etched in there for all the wrong reasons. Sunderland v Gillingham is one that I'll never forget though

There was a good article in the chronicle (shock!!) about Imre Varadi and I added a comment. There were 2 games that were brilliant on back to back Saturdays v Luton and Charlton. Pre KK playing days. Sadly neither televised by that useless Shoot programme as they were always anti-Newcastle. I’ll never forget a goal by Olive (as some of us called him) v Charlton. It was - and I mean it - exhilarating. I was buzzing for a week. I was 16 at the time. I’ll never forget that goal and right up there for me and no doubt the rest of the 15K (!!) that were there and privileged to see it.

Just checked 14/11/1981 att: 15,254

First game after my 16th. Jeez that’s yonks ago now. Weird how I can’t remember last week now like! And that was the case before lockdown lol

New Years day against the Tramps 3-1 had walked from Whitley Bay to get to the match with a banging hangover and no coat was freezing cold and in bad shape was walking on air after the game and bumped into some lads i knew so got a lift home happy happy memories

5-0 forest at home, last game of the season. We jumped above the bindippers to 2nd plus Boro and the Tramps were relegated. If I remember correctly Dalglish started with Shearer, Sir Les and Tino as a 3 man forward line. Later on Les dropped back and played central defence. Nice day out in the sunshine.

5-0 forest at home, last game of the season. We jumped above the bindippers to 2nd plus Boro and the Tramps were relegated. If I remember correctly Dalglish started with Shearer, Sir Les and Tino as a 3 man forward line. Later on Les dropped back and played central defence. Nice day out in the sunshine.

That was a magnificent false dawn that . I was convinced that was to be the formation next season. I was imagining every defence being absolutely terrified. Not too long after it was us terrified that Andreas Anderrson would start ......again.

Yes it did KK as unfortunately Dalglish got into dismantling the team together with Shearer’s pre-season injury. Big pity.

Between Barcelona and Man Utd games I’d pick the latter. It felt like payback and I remember where I started before the game as unusually (at that time) I was in South Gosforth at the Millstone. In the 80s I used to drink in South Gosforth club a lot before the game and getting a Lansdowne taxi to the match. Was buzzing with anticipation and we weren’t disappointed. Atmosphere just got better and better throughout day.