Membership 2019/20 | Page 19 | Vital Football

Membership 2019/20

The chumpionship is a tough place and we will have the 24 th poorest owners.
Question is do I decide to renew ST in February for 50 th year on the trot ?
I think it’d be a huge shame not to, DG. 50 years is an impressive level of support and means you sat through the Roeder and Grant years, as did I. Even when relegated, there’s a lot of fun to be had in the Championship. Hard it may be but I love the experience of going to watch football now as much as ever and I’m now 40 years in, myself.

Tuckster. It is a decision to be made every year, I always consider it carefully and always end up going.
However it used to be 4 of us with ST 's. My Dad, my brother , my nephew and myself. My Dad passed away 4 years ago and my nephew moved to NZ last weekend so now just 2 of us. We let my Dad's ST go as oppose to having a guest on it each game but are looking at keeping my Nephews ticket going as always a person to take with us and if he returns after a couple of years we still need it.

I suppose we will renew all 3 but I have to admit I am more interested in Third Test starting in Port Elizabeth today than this weeks football and looking forward to going to SA in a couple of weeks time to see 3 one dayers and a T20.
I anticipate more lively atmosphere with Barmy Army than the City Stand and wonder if cricket will be my passion more as I get older.

I am sure most of us would be desperate to re-new our STs if our enthusiasm matched the ambition of the club . I will probably re-new but I see little point in cheering every winning goal as that will lead to promotion , which means the following year we would be faced with the same situation we are facing right now

Tuckster. It is a decision to be made every year, I always consider it carefully and always end up going.
However it used to be 4 of us with ST 's. My Dad, my brother , my nephew and myself. My Dad passed away 4 years ago and my nephew moved to NZ last weekend so now just 2 of us. We let my Dad's ST go as oppose to having a guest on it each game but are looking at keeping my Nephews ticket going as always a person to take with us and if he returns after a couple of years we still need it.

I suppose we will renew all 3 but I have to admit I am more interested in Third Test starting in Port Elizabeth today than this weeks football and looking forward to going to SA in a couple of weeks time to see 3 one dayers and a T20.
I anticipate more lively atmosphere with Barmy Army than the City Stand and wonder if cricket will be my passion more as I get older.
Sounds like you have an awesome trip lined up there 👍

The chumpionship is a tough place and we will have the 24 th poorest owners.
Question is do I decide to renew ST in February for 50 th year on the trot ?

You are not alone! I have watch City since the 1960s....days of Mal Lucas, Tommy Bryceland, Bill Punton, Ron Davies

Last edited: