Melnick Joins Imps' Board of Directors | Page 2 | Vital Football

Melnick Joins Imps' Board of Directors

Well I certainly hope so I would definitely prefer to stay at Sincil Bank as I guess the majority of fans would!

The new stadium as you say will be at least 10 years away (if ever) given all the outside parties and hurdles to overcome and we are going to need more capacity sooner rather than later at this rate!

Welcome aboard Sean I hope you enjoy the ride.

Agreed. We used to joke about the new stadium always being 5 years away. It's clear that unless we find a pristine site with little planning work and no inter-agency co-operation required, 10 years is a much better estimate.

I would hope that would focus minds on improving SB in the medium term because we're going to be there for a while.

We seem to have had quite a few additions to the Board and departures in the last couple of years, including the Chairman of course. I wonder if there has been a change of policy because of this regarding a Ground move or a revamp of Sincil Bank ? I think Bob favoured a move to Beevor Street, not so sure about the present Board though, has there been a recent statement ? Maybe this is a question to ask at one of the fans meetings. Can see Beevor Street being a good ten years away before that part of the site is ready for development as access to start with is to be from the Hartsholme end. The Club needs to increase its 'everyday' revenue well before then imo.
Aren't Bob and Kevin still on the Board, just not as involved on a day to day basis as they probably were?

Think
We seem to have had quite a few additions to the Board and departures in the last couple of years, including the Chairman of course. I wonder if there has been a change of policy because of this regarding a Ground move or a revamp of Sincil Bank ? I think Bob favoured a move to Beevor Street, not so sure about the present Board though, has there been a recent statement ? Maybe this is a question to ask at one of the fans meetings. Can see Beevor Street being a good ten years away before that part of the site is ready for development as access to start with is to be from the Hartsholme end. The Club needs to increase its 'everyday' revenue well before then imo.
Think its already been stated in the press that is not now a definate we will move.

I agree the popular decision would be to stay at Sincil Bank, due to the relatively close proximity of the rail station, bus station and High Street. If you could build a full stand in replace of the selenity incorporating corporate facilities and another stand where the bridge McFarland is for away fans. What else do you need?

I agree the popular decision would be to stay at Sincil Bank, due to the relatively close proximity of the rail station, bus station and High Street. If you could build a full stand in replace of the selenity incorporating corporate facilities and another stand where the bridge McFarland is for away fans. What else do you need?

And how long would that take? We are not spurs and rent Wembley, maybe Blundell though.

Aren't Bob and Kevin still on the Board, just not as involved on a day to day basis as they probably were?

No, they are both listed as associate directors now. Bob ceased to be a director on 4 June and Kevin on 21 September.

We have seen a revolution on the board in the last three years - the only faces remaining from three years ago are Clive and Roger, while Herman Kok sits in his own name now.

I thought AD's were still involved to a point at Board level? Or is that just a holding place for those who've paid the £75k to get on the Board previously but aren't involved day to day?

EDIT - I suppose Kevin may have been an employee elected to the Board rather than a Board member per se i.e. invested to sit on the Board.

But how would that increase our non-matchday income?

I thought AD's were still involved to a point at Board level? Or is that just a holding place for those who've paid the £75k to get on the Board previously but aren't involved day to day?

EDIT - I suppose Kevin may have been an employee elected to the Board rather than a Board member per se i.e. invested to sit on the Board.

The position of Associate Director is effectively a social position. There is no boardroom involvement.

The position of Associate Director is effectively a social position. There is no boardroom involvement.
A statement of the current level of shares of key individuals including Holding Company split would seem overdue.

Investor.

And how long would that take? We are not spurs and rent Wembley, maybe Blundell though.

I don't want to talk out of turn (I've never been to Lincoln) but looking at photographs of Sincil Bank, redeveloping the side with the tiny stand would only reduce capacity by hundreds temporarily. Building a replica of The Co-Op stand would mean you'd be well on the way to a Championship standard stadium.
The future is very bright for Lincoln City. Not only are things as good or better than they've ever been on the footballing side and in the boardroom; Lincoln as a city and area seems to be thriving too. Contrast that with Grimsby Town, where both club and location seem on a downward spiral. I can empathise with the fishy folk as there are parallels with my team and hometown and our neighbouring rival.