Melnick Joins Imps' Board of Directors | Vital Football

Melnick Joins Imps' Board of Directors

And all because Clive Nates accidentially came across the Imps one day.

Didn't Clive say he had always looked out for our results since we had played Everton in the Cup and then didn't Bob come across him or contact him and the rest is history as they say!

Didn't Clive say he had always looked out for our results since we had played Everton in the Cup and then didn't Bob come across him or contact him and the rest is history as they say!
Its actually down to Rob Bradleys board attempted link up with Everton which Clive read / heard about.Plus we played them also,then Clive followed our results ! He saw we were after financial help and he contacted Bob i believe!( Sadtoffeeimp please correct me if im wrong) and the rest is history.

Its actually down to Rob Bradleys board attempted link up with Everton which Clive read / heard about.Plus we played them also,then Clive followed our results ! He saw we were after financial help and he contacted Bob i believe!( Sadtoffeeimp please correct me if im wrong) and the rest is history.

Nick, that's pretty much the story of how I came to follow the Imps.

And although I am the SAToffeeImp I am also probably a sad Toffee too.

Nick, that's pretty much the story of how I came to follow the Imps.

And although I am the SAToffeeImp I am also probably a sad Toffee too.

Well I think that it is simply amazing that our Chairman should take the time to communicate with us (mere mortals) on a message board.

I wonder how many other clubs' chairmen do the same?

Clive, I salute you for that and for everything else.

Probably at the end of the day, this strengthening off the field (infrastructure & people) is as important as the management duo. Inevitable one day they will depart, & it's this that will keep us succesful

Well I think that it is simply amazing that our Chairman should take the time to communicate with us (mere mortals) on a message board.

Trew used to go on County Mad and have some right fun with the Notts lot...

Vince posts on FGR's forum (which is moderated by the Club I believe - they seem to have discussions on there a couple of times a year about why anything said against the Club is deleted).

I believe mr Fenty used to pop up now and again on the fishy, didn't quite have the same rapport with cods as Clive has with us on here though.

We seem to have had quite a few additions to the Board and departures in the last couple of years, including the Chairman of course. I wonder if there has been a change of policy because of this regarding a Ground move or a revamp of Sincil Bank ? I think Bob favoured a move to Beevor Street, not so sure about the present Board though, has there been a recent statement ? Maybe this is a question to ask at one of the fans meetings. Can see Beevor Street being a good ten years away before that part of the site is ready for development as access to start with is to be from the Hartsholme end. The Club needs to increase its 'everyday' revenue well before then imo.

I wonder if there has been a change of policy because of this regarding a Ground move or a revamp of Sincil Bank ?.

Well I certainly hope so I would definitely prefer to stay at Sincil Bank as I guess the majority of fans would!

The new stadium as you say will be at least 10 years away (if ever) given all the outside parties and hurdles to overcome and we are going to need more capacity sooner rather than later at this rate!

Welcome aboard Sean I hope you enjoy the ride.