Meet The New Boss: Same As The Old Boss | Vital Football

Meet The New Boss: Same As The Old Boss

Scotimp

Vital Football Legend
Only related to Lincoln City on a very remote basis, but it is the FIFA presidential election today.

Regardless of which of the four candidates wins, it appears FIFA has learned nothing despite recent events.

Click on the attached link and scroll down to the section entitled 'How does voting work?' There you will find the line:

"It has also spent £500,000 converting its headquarters into a back-up venue."

Truly unbelievable.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35654894

Perfect opportunity for a clean slate and we're just going to appoint one of the 'old boys'.

I think David Gill would have done a good job, personally.

The problem is that the dissenting nations who got Sepp and his chums found out are actually a very small group of nations - just ones with very big voices. But the vast majority of nations actually benefited from Blatter's presidency as he liked to spread the money around equally. And giving the World Cup to Qatar has given hope to a whole range of tiny countries who never thought they'd be able to host a major tournament that maybe they could. It's no surprise that most of them want one of the 'old boys' in.

Close friend of Platini; comes from a town less than 6 miles from Blatter's home; FIFA had an opportunity to appoint someone unconnected with the past, but they have failed spectacularly to do so. If he is the right man for the job, I'm Donald Duck.

Quack.

Scotimp - 26/2/2016 19:42

Close friend of Platini; comes from a town less than 6 miles from Blatter's home; FIFA had an opportunity to appoint someone unconnected with the past, but they have failed spectacularly to do so. If he is the right man for the job, I'm Donald Duck.

Quack.

Worrying , I would like to of seen someone like Ginola, Klinsman in the running, the problem is you have to get someone who isn't interested in money in there own account, which must be the few and far between.